The Student Room Group

Gcse mocks revision

So i have mocks coming up and I want to revise for them.
How would you recommend revising Gcse edexcel maths higher and gcse aqa triple science
please please helpppp
i do those exam boards and subjects and the way i revise is just flashcards made from the textbook
I’ve just started my first year of sixth form, so as I’ve only just completed my GCSE’s earlier this year, I’d really recommend using CGP books for science. They really condense the spec down and they also make revising a lot more enjoyable surprisingly. I would also highly recommend Seneca Learning for most subjects. It was an absolute LIFE SAVER. I went from getting a grade 6 in my mocks to a grade 8-8 in my GCSE’s. Seneca is just so helpful- it really makes revising so much less stressful. Hope this helps 😊😊
Original post by febreze
How would you recommend revising Gcse edexcel maths higher and gcse aqa triple science
please please helpppp

Another thing to add, I can completely relate to how stressed you might get, I had a really tough time during November-January with stress and anxiety, but I know it may sound easy, but mocks are nothing to stress about, I honestly wouldn’t get yourself worried or stressed about them. It has absolutely no effect on your GCSE results. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be working hard either, you need to find a balance of looking after yourself and hard revision. If you put the hard work in, trust me, it’ll all work out in the end 😁xx
Original post by febreze
please please helpppp

Hi, I just finished my GCSE’s and started sixth form this week so I can hopefully help! For maths, practice questions. I know everybody says it but so much of GCSE maths is about problem solving, and spotting what you need to do in order to get the answer. The more times you practice this, the better you get at spotting how the get the answer you need. For triple science, practice questions are important, but I think learning the content is even more beneficial. I’d recommend buying the cgp revision guides (as mentioned above) and printing off the specifications from the AQA website, then, make notes on the content of the spec (make sure to use the terminology of the spec as the mark schemes will be based off it) (never do more or less than it asks, remember, they literally CANNOT test you on stuff that isn’t on the spec). Use the revision guide to help you understand things and to allow you to make notes on the ‘students should be able to’ bits. For anything you still don’t understand, use free science lessons, that guy genuinely saved my life several times lol. Then, learn your notes like the back of your hand. I know this doesn’t sound fun but it is genuinely the best way to get the marks in the exam. So much of science exams is just learning content these days, and as long as you’re willing to put in the effort into doing that, I’m sure you’ll be successful!
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest