The Student Room Group

Is 4 months 19 days enough time to get 9 grade 9s?

Hi,
In August I put up a similar question, back when there was 10 months and I was stressing.
Now there is only 4 months 19 days and for anyone who has done GCSE's I ask do I have enough time. Here is my mock grades for context.
English Lit - Grade 7 (a weak grade 7)
Maths - Grade 7
Biology - Grade 9
Chemistry - Grade 9
Physics - Grade 8
Geography - Grade 8 (but weak)
Spanish - Grade 7
Business - Grade 9 (but weak)

I plan on utilizing the Christmas Holidays to smash Chemistry Paper 1, Physics Paper 1 and Geography 1.
My weak points are English and Spanish.
For Spanish, I am trying to learn 12 words everyday because by the time of GCSE's I will have learnt the whole vocab list.
If you do the maths, It is around 6 days to revise for each paper, and around 15 days to revise for each subject. Is that enough time to get 9 grade 9's because I am very desperate to achieve that goal.

Thanks
Qaim
Original post by QaimMB
Hi,
In August I put up a similar question, back when there was 10 months and I was stressing.
Now there is only 4 months 19 days and for anyone who has done GCSE's I ask do I have enough time. Here is my mock grades for context.
English Lit - Grade 7 (a weak grade 7)
Maths - Grade 7
Biology - Grade 9
Chemistry - Grade 9
Physics - Grade 8
Geography - Grade 8 (but weak)
Spanish - Grade 7
Business - Grade 9 (but weak)

I plan on utilizing the Christmas Holidays to smash Chemistry Paper 1, Physics Paper 1 and Geography 1.
My weak points are English and Spanish.
For Spanish, I am trying to learn 12 words everyday because by the time of GCSE's I will have learnt the whole vocab list.
If you do the maths, It is around 6 days to revise for each paper, and around 15 days to revise for each subject. Is that enough time to get 9 grade 9's because I am very desperate to achieve that goal.

Thanks
Qaim

Hi @QaimMB

Congrats on your mock results! They're a great set of grades!

I know the feeling of trying to make that final push to get the highest grades, and it is possible to get your grades up before your exams in the summer. It sounds like you've got a good plan for revision in mind. I would suggest spending a little more time on your weaker subjects - though you have good grades across the board - but remember to keep your better subjects ticking over in the background.

When I was going my GCSE's my maths mock grade annoyed me the most. In both sets of mocks my grade didn't budge up, which can be disheartening, but by my final results in the summer it did! And I got the grade I wanted. So it is possible to move grades up with a little extra work.

Remember to have some well deserved rest over the Christmas holidays too, the last thing you want is to start burning out. Try and revise little and often so you're keeping a nice flow of revision over the break, and I'm sure you'll do great.

Definitely give some past exam papers or questions a go if you haven't already. I think they would really help you push your grades and can be especially good for foreign language practice.

Best of luck! And Merry Christmas! 🙂
Emily
Student Rep at BCU
Reply 2
okay, thanks
have a good christmas

Quick Reply

Latest