The Student Room Group

Big Four and MBB Consulting Applications 2020 start

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qjrq
Hey! Quick update - have got through the numerical tests with EY and Deloitte (pretty sure when I applied last year I didn't get to this point) and definitely feel like assessmentday.com practice papers as regularly as possible helped with strategy, timing and confidence. Most uni logins will give you free access to this resource but honestly it's probably worth paying for if you dont have access. DEFINITELY preparation is important - because most people do prepare, you're at a disadvantage if you don't.
I definitely get the frustration but the time spent honing the numerical stuff was worth it for me (being good at maths is different to timed exam skills). Best of luck with it all :smile: :smile:

Hey! There seem to be so many numerical tests on assessmentday.com- do you know which style is most similar to the EY one? I want to take a few practice ones, but not sure exactly where to start!
Yess to both. Just got the McK invite this morning, not sure what to expect with the digital assessment. Have you heard back?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by qjrq
Consulting 2019-20
Psychometric and video tests for Deloitte, EY and MBB (McKinsey and BCG)
Has anyone else experienced and been successful in these tests? I am undertaking the Deloitte and EY ones this week and always seem to come up short with numerical reasoning..any tips?

How have you applied to BCG and McKinsey? Cant seem to find the application webpage for 2020 entry at all, could you post it?
Original post by kay6578
How have you applied to BCG and McKinsey? Cant seem to find the application webpage for 2020 entry at all, could you post it?

deadline has passed
has bain or bcg gotten back to anyone?
Bain has not. BCG has sent out 1st rounds to a few friends
Has anyone not heard from McKinsey yet even though they said they'd let us know by email either way on Friday Nov 1st?
Anyone hear anything from Bain? I believed today to be the day. I’m guessing it’s a no given the invites usually come out before rejections
Original post by Browneo91
Anyone hear anything from Bain? I believed today to be the day. I’m guessing it’s a no given the invites usually come out before rejections

Original post by Princepieman
has bain or bcg gotten back to anyone?

Unless you were late with your application or didn't complete your online test you should get a response either today or soon after. At least a number of invites and apologies are out already.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by London-Cons
Unless you were late with your application or didn't complete your online test you should get a response either today or soon after. At least a number of invites and apologies are out already.

yeh, got the negative today. probably bowing out of consulting recruiting at this rate haha
Has anyone heard back from Parthenon? Also does anyone know if you can do an EY application if you've already applied to EY-P? Their recruitment seems to be handled by different team.
I am yet to receive a Bain response. Do we know if they send them out in batches be it rejection or invite or is it some dont get responses
Has anyone heard from oc&c yet?
Original post by Tommy94289102
Has anyone heard from oc&c yet?

Nope. Also waiting for LEK and Wyman.
Anyone been invited to a marakon interview?
Has anyone gotten a McKinsey interview invite yet? I have completed their online test already.
Original post by LilShiro
Has anyone gotten a McKinsey interview invite yet? I have completed their online test already.

Still waiting, I hope they let us know this week! How did you find the digital assessment?
Original post by BSCHB996
Still waiting, I hope they let us know this week! How did you find the digital assessment?

It was ok! Didn't really know how it was graded though... So not too sure if I did well. Haha
Original post by BSCHB996
Still waiting, I hope they let us know this week! How did you find the digital assessment?ΙΘ

Unlike other gamefied digital assessments, this was absolutely brilliant imo. Tested properly problem solving and strategy skills with serious tasks and not silly games like other such assessments.
Original post by malagueno
Unlike other gamefied digital assessments, this was absolutely brilliant imo. Tested properly problem solving and strategy skills with serious tasks and not silly games like other such assessments.

Have to agree! Despite being stressful I quite enjoyed the whole experience. I also liked that no one was advantaged as this version had t been seen before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending