2020 University of Aberdeen applicants thread Watch

Mirai609
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello there! :P

This thread is for the people who are applying/have applied this year to study at the University of Aberdeen.

Did you receive an acknowledgement or offer?
What course(s) have you applied to?
What other universities have you applied to?

I'll start: I applied to MEng Electronics and Electrical Engineering and have also applied to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Strathclyde and Heriot-Watt.
Applied 7/09/2019 and received an acknowledgement on 7/10/2019
EDIT: It was in spam and I didn't notice it until a week later
Last edited by Mirai609; 4 weeks ago
riyanwani
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well I have applied for law in the university of Aberdeen,Oxford,Durham and Edinburgh
but I am not sure of the selection process as I got 89% in my class 10th and my predicted grades are 93% in 12th
and the most amazing fact is that pursued science till 12th while I had to study law which I definitely think they will find weird along with the fact that I am an international student I really don't know how my selection process would go.
And yes I have received an acknowledgement letter
Mirai609
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by riyanwani)
Well I have applied for law in the university of Aberdeen,Oxford,Durham and Edinburgh
but I am not sure of the selection process as I got 89% in my class 10th and my predicted grades are 93% in 12th
and the most amazing fact is that pursued science till 12th while I had to study law which I definitely think they will find weird along with the fact that I am an international student I really don't know how my selection process would go.
And yes I have received an acknowledgement letter
I have to take all subjects (including things like geography, history, biology etc) all the way through high school. Since the relevant subjects for electrical&electronic engineering are more difficult than the humanities, it will be weird for the admissions officer to see higher grades in History than in Maths lol :')
hapypepy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm applying for molecular biology with a year in industry! I'm applying to Glasgow, Glasgow Caledonian, Heriot-Watt and St. Andrews as well.
I haven't sent my application off but I'm kinda scared because I've only sat 3 Highers so far :-) I think I'm still in a good place to get a conditional but we'll have to see - haven't sent my UCAS off yet though!
Mirai609
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by hapypepy)
I'm applying for molecular biology with a year in industry! I'm applying to Glasgow, Glasgow Caledonian, Heriot-Watt and St. Andrews as well.
I haven't sent my application off but I'm kinda scared because I've only sat 3 Highers so far :-) I think I'm still in a good place to get a conditional but we'll have to see - haven't sent my UCAS off yet though!
No point in being scared Good luck!
SophieBer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I am applying through IB for Psychology. I will also apply to St. Andrews, Stirling and possibly Dundee. I'm still looking for my 5th option
riyanwani
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Did anyone get any offer from Aberdeen ?
I got mine from Sheffield and Edinburgh whereas I have been allocated a college by oxford but Aberdeen has not given any update since last month ?
Estherxox
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Anyone here apply for chemical engineering?
yaldson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 hours ago
I received an unconditional offer as an international student for Economics and Mathematics on Oct 31 and was formally notified of being a North American scholarship recipient yesterday
Mirai609
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 58 minutes ago
(Original post by yaldson)
I received an unconditional offer as an international student for Economics and Mathematics on Oct 31 and was formally notified of being a North American scholarship recipient yesterday
Omg congratz!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    Medicine Only Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Jun '20
  • University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Aug '20
  • University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 3 Oct '20

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (210)
53.3%
18-20 years old (no) (49)
12.44%
20-25 years old (yes) (62)
15.74%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
2.28%
25-30 years old (yes) (24)
6.09%
25-30 years old (no) (0)
0%
30-40 years old (yes) (22)
5.58%
30-40 years old (no) (3)
0.76%
40+ years old (yes) (8)
2.03%
40+ years old (no) (7)
1.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise