The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

On-campus or Unite Students accommodation?

I've just firmed my unconditional offer to Aberdeen and one of the things I'm conflicted about is where to stay for my first year.

I've done some prior research into accommodation and honestly, Aberdeen's on-campus offerings don't really appeal to me. I would ideally like to stay in an en-suite room but there aren't many options in that regard, and the fact that one's ideal choice of accommodation isn't guaranteed is quite off-putting for me. On the other hand, there are plenty of en-suite options at Unite Students's Causeway View (which I've been looking at and considering). I personally really like the location, prices are somewhat similar to Aberdeen's on-campus offerings, and it overall just seems like you're getting more of your money's worth.

However, what I'm concerned about is potentially feeling out of place. I won't be exclusively living with nor be surrounded by first-year students, and I fear that I may miss out more on the student life, especially in terms of connecting with others like myself. (Also, I would be missing out on a free membership to the Aberdeen Sports Village, although I've never really been much of a sporty person, haha.)

I'm wondering if there's anyone that had in the past stayed in private (particularly Unite Students) accommodation in their first year and wouldn't mind sharing their experience? Or is there anyone about to start their studies at Aberdeen this September and will be staying in private accommodation?

Much appreciated.
(edited 11 months ago)
Hello, I'm starting my studies at Aberdeen this January and i would like to know your experience and what type of accommodation have you chosen?
Thanks in advance, good day :smile:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by swetha saravanan
Hello, I'm starting my studies at Aberdeen this January and i would like to know your experience and what type of accommodation have you chosen?
Thanks in advance, good day :smile:

Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. Realise we missed this thread the first time around but just wanted to jump in with some information in case it was helpful!

Our housing office have a range of accommodation options available to undergraduate and postgraduate students. These properties are located in Old Aberdeen and our Hillhead Student Village nearby, and there are a variety of types and sizes of accommodation on offer to meet a range of needs. You can find out more here:* https://www.abdn.ac.uk/accommodation/
If you are interested in renting privately, AUSA, our student association, have more information:*https://www.ausa.org.uk/ausaadvice/accommodation/
If you have any further questions you can email [email protected] to get in contact with our Accommodation team. There are other accommodation provers in Aberdeen like Unite Students and the Student Roost, and I would recommend having a look into these options as well!

Let us know if you have any questions for us that we can help with.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Original post by callumlo
I've just firmed my unconditional offer to Aberdeen and one of the things I'm conflicted about is where to stay for my first year.

I've done some prior research into accommodation and honestly, Aberdeen's on-campus offerings don't really appeal to me. I would ideally like to stay in an en-suite room but there aren't many options in that regard, and the fact that one's ideal choice of accommodation isn't guaranteed is quite off-putting for me. On the other hand, there are plenty of en-suite options at Unite Students's Causeway View (which I've been looking at and considering). I personally really like the location, prices are somewhat similar to Aberdeen's on-campus offerings, and it overall just seems like you're getting more of your money's worth.

However, what I'm concerned about is potentially feeling out of place. I won't be exclusively living with nor be surrounded by first-year students, and I fear that I may miss out more on the student life, especially in terms of connecting with others like myself. (Also, I would be missing out on a free membership to the Aberdeen Sports Village, although I've never really been much of a sporty person, haha.)

I'm wondering if there's anyone that had in the past stayed in private (particularly Unite Students) accommodation in their first year and wouldn't mind sharing their experience? Or is there anyone about to start their studies at Aberdeen this September and will be staying in private accommodation?

Much appreciated.

Hi. I’m hoping to go to U of A in September and am currently looking at other accommodation instead of Hillhead. From my research, Student Roost at Pittodrie street and I think it’s Every Student at King Street Exchange opposite the campus both look quite good. The student roost is quite close to the sports village and I’m pretty sure KSE is over the road from the campus.

Hope this helps! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending