The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

aberdeen uni 2024/25

hi i’m moving to aberdeen for 2024/25 study law and have just accepted my accommodation at hector boece court. just wondering if there’s anyone else going to aberdeen staying at hillhead or even doing law on here?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #1
hi i’m moving to aberdeen for 2024/25 study law and have just accepted my accommodation at hector boece court. just wondering if there’s anyone else going to aberdeen staying at hillhead or even doing law on here?
hiya, I accepted my place to new Carnegie court :smile:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Original post by hannah_r_16
hiya, I accepted my place to new Carnegie court :smile:

you have snap? x
Hi all, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. Congratulations both on your offers and for getting accommodation sorted! Just wanted to jump in here to say that asking for and sharing personal contact information is against the Student Room policy for privacy reasons, and so I would discourage you from asking for this in future. There are still a lot of ways to connect with other incoming students though.

Conversations can continue on site, either on the thread here or through direct messages. There's also a 2024 applicants thread for our university here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7400283&page=2
Additionally you should receive details at some point to join a facebook group for incoming students which will also connect you with people starting this year.

Once you're here in Aberdeen there will also be the chance to meet whoever you're in accommodation with as well as a bunch of events for all new students like the Freshers ceilidh and your first few classes. There are also a huge range of student societies who will run events during welcome week. Sports societies often have give-it-a-go sessions and subject/interest based subjects will have meet and greets and welcome events planned also. You can have a look at the student societies here: https://www.ausa.org.uk/getinvolved/activities/

I hope this has some helpful information for you but if you have any questions or want more pointers on meeting people then I's be very happy to help!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
(edited 1 month ago)
hi! I've accepted new carnegie court too, studying english and philosophy! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #1
I’ve been accepted to study film and anthropology and just confirmed my place at Adam Smith House in Hillhead
Reply 6
Firmed my law offer yesterday 😊
Reply 7
Original post by user76980
Firmed my law offer yesterday 😊

Omg that’s so exciting! I have an offer but I’m trying to decide where I want to go just now!
Reply 8
Original post by M2006
Omg that’s so exciting! I have an offer but I’m trying to decide where I want to go just now!

Where have you applied!
Reply 9
Original post by user76980
Where have you applied!

Aberdeen, dundee, glasgow, edinburgh and Strathclyde! I’ve got offers from the first 3 and I’m waiting until I’ve got all the replies until I decide
Original post by M2006
Aberdeen, dundee, glasgow, edinburgh and Strathclyde! I’ve got offers from the first 3 and I’m waiting until I’ve got all the replies until I decide

I may be bias because I'm going to Aberdeen but you should definitely come to Aberdeen😉
[This post was in response to someone sharing a facebook group which was not the official offer holder group] Right I would like to flag for anyone in this forum that this is not a legitimate group for applicants and offer holders and this is not an organisation we are affiliated with at the University of Aberdeen. The official group for applicants and offer holders will be sent out to you by ourselves via email but has not been given to anyone yet. We would urge you all to be extremely cautious about sharing your contact or social media details on site and joining any groups like this which are linked for you.

I have reported this comment so it should hopefully be taken down soon but I will state again do not join this group and if you have already leave as soon as possible. Apologies for the seriousness of tone but just want to make sure that no one is joining under false pretences.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I've accepted my offer already to study IR and legal studies, I'm also at hector boece court :smile:
Original post by M2006

me too!! waiting on just edinburgh but thinking my decision will be between napier and aberdeen as not too keen of strath:smile:)
Hi I got an offer from aberdeen

i'm going to aberdeen as well!! i've just accepted my conditional for zoology, but i can't book accommodation until i meet my conditions which is SO ANNOYING

i’m studying law and have applied to hector boece court too!! where are you from?
i have accepted an unconditional offer for law with options in spanish and i am going to aberdeen uni this year, add me on snapchat: jacksonsmithafc
Hi, I just accepted my offer for law undergrad at Aberdeen, I haven’t even looked at accommodation yet!
Original post by restive-lagoon
i'm going to aberdeen as well!! i've just accepted my conditional for zoology, but i can't book accommodation until i meet my conditions which is SO ANNOYING
Hi, can definitely imagine it being frustrating not being able to secure your accommodation at this stage! Just wanted to let you know that if it's any reassurance we guarantee accommodation for incoming first year students as long as you book by the 30th August. The options (e.g. en suite) are first-come-first-serve but there will be a space for you up until this point. Hope this is helpful to know at least!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending