The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GCSE2019help
Can anyone explain to me what it means to be a 'native english speaker ' does this mean that english have to be your first language?

That you live (or have lived) in Britain or a country that speaks English
Original post by mehulbansal
Applied to Hertford College for E&M. How is everyone preparing for the TSA? Really stressed and confused.

Hi I'm also applying for E&M. For the TSA section 1, honestly my best advice is to just do the past papers- I have seen a massive improvement in my scores from doing this. For TSA section 2 Jesus College has some really good videos on youtube and again I would just do the past papers. I also found quite a few TSR threads discussing the essay with lots of advice on them, so would give those a read as well. Hope this helps and best of luck!
Original post by laurawatt
not really, just to write everything in a logical way and explaining my working at each step so that I don’t lose my thought process partway through!

I think it depends on the topic really, with ones about graphs or more abstract thinking I could get above 10 marks relatively easily, but one about sequences I would be lucky to get above 5 on :tongue:

I’ve applied for maths :smile: how about you, how are you finding it?

I feel like i am a bit more confident on the sequences questions. I am applying for computer science. I tend to make silly mistakes on the multiple choice q's.. so a bit worried about that.:tongue:
I received my acknowledgment from st.Peter's college today!
Original post by Ellachmbs
Hi I'm also applying for E&M. For the TSA section 1, honestly my best advice is to just do the past papers- I have seen a massive improvement in my scores from doing this. For TSA section 2 Jesus College has some really good videos on youtube and again I would just do the past papers. I also found quite a few TSR threads discussing the essay with lots of advice on them, so would give those a read as well. Hope this helps and best of luck!

Hi! What college are you applying to? How much have you seen your scores rising by when you have done practice?
Original post by danclements343
Hi! What college are you applying to? How much have you seen your scores rising by when you have done practice?

Hi I'm applying to Brasenose what about you? I've literally seen my scores go from low sixties to high seventies by just doing practice- I think just learning the style of the questions helps alot because you know what to look for. The more I've practiced I've also managed to speed up (before I couldn't finish the paper on time!) :smile:
Original post by azby1098
here’s a link to a google form so we can see what colleges and subjects people are applying for!!

https://forms.gle/DQNdVaRpNYvLGijc8

here’s the results spreadsheet to view everything:smile:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vJi40J1TFQwJl5JsKa1ttzOMzHXtijK6HeYwb4qpz4w/edit

also there’s a facebook group for 2021 applicants!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/226916601917286/?ref=share

Once again reposting azby1098's post because it's a cool way to see where everyone's applying :smile:
I received acknowledgement from my college this morning but it didn't say what to do if you can't sit the admissions test due to self isolating or something like that, did anyone else's college say anything?
Original post by NetNeutrality
I received acknowledgement from my college this morning but it didn't say what to do if you can't sit the admissions test due to self isolating or something like that, did anyone else's college say anything?

you can email or ring them directly or contact the admissions office. which college have you applied to?
Original post by Ellachmbs

Thank you so much Ellachmbs. Yeah, I started with the past papers, did three, and averaging out at a low score of 62! Which College did you apply for??
Original post by azby1098
you can email or ring them directly or contact the admissions office. which college have you applied to?

wadham, I was intending to email anyway just wanted to check if anyone here heard anything different
My friends have heard from St hildas and Queens so far today, I haven’t heard from trinity yet so if anyone else has please let me know!
i got an email from the law faculty acknowledging my application but not my actual college so i am confused ? will i get another or do i need to contact them
Original post by Ashstudent1
i got an email from the law faculty acknowledging my application but not my actual college so i am confused ? will i get another or do i need to contact them

Me too, is this normal?
Original post by jackson222
Me too, is this normal?

I have only been acknowledged by the university and not the college yet for law, I am assuming different courses are sending their college confirmations at different points? I haven’t heard of any law applicant being contacted by their college yet

They sent this and some info in their newsletter
Original post by EllaaaaC
I have only been acknowledged by the university and not the college yet for law, I am assuming different courses are sending their college confirmations at different points? I haven’t heard of any law applicant being contacted by their college yet

same! i got a second confirmation email but it didn’t say it was from new college hmmm
Original post by Ashstudent1

Lol I was just coming here to say this.

Presumably it’s entirely separate from the college acknowledgment and the law faculty just just choose to send another acknowledgment with information about the LNAT etc. Just a coincidence that it came on Friday where a lot of us are expecting an email from the colleges.
@Oxford Mum hi:smile: I’m on a gap year and applied to Oxford via an agent. I got a letter of recommendation from my 12th grade teacher on my school’s letterhead and my agent attached it to UCAS. I just received the 2nd acknowledgment email from Oxford and they said they would not consider any unsolicited reference apart from the one uploaded on UCAS... would mine be considered?- it was a scaned copyof the letter that was uploaded and not the typical referee linking their mail and typing it on UCAS...
(edited 3 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending