The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thinking of applying to Balliol for economics and I'm predicted A* A* A* A in economics, further maths, physics, chemistry and have already got an A* in the normal maths A-level.
Original post by jdxiome
I am applying next year as someone who applied this year for Law but then realised (inconveniently after successfully being invited to interview) that PPE, not Law, is my academic passion. So am taking a gap year and applying to PPE (probably at Christ Church) next year. 4 A*s predicted.

Good luck to everyone also!

Out of curiosity, did you attend the interviews?
I don't think anyone who's here till now might've attended the interviews. Anyone?
Applying to Queens Maths
With 99999999986 at gcse and A*A*A*A predictions in maths f maths physics and philosophy
Original post by marika_mce

I am particularly interested in the historical approach to the History of Art course at Oxford, and its lack of looking at Art through a chronological lens of development - as one linear lineage, and is less Western centric in comparison to other university courses which do not even consider the problem of Eurocentrism. I was wondering whether anyone could give me some advice on History of Art applications and personal statements to oxbridge in general?

Re your fifth option, have you considered the course at UEA?
https://www2.uea.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degree/detail/ba-history-of-art

(Younger son is also looking at History of Art for 2021 entry, and is very interested in the various courses available there🙂).
Hey everyone! I’m Scottish so my predicted grades are going to be for my fifth year results but I’ll include what subjects I’m doing in sixth year.

Subject: Economics and Management
College: Unsure, I visited in September and honestly they’re all stunning but I’m heading down again this September for the open day so I think I’ll be set on one by then

I’m currently studying higher Maths, English, French, Geography and Business Management and i have a predicted A in all of them (we don’t do A*s in Scotland).

Next year I will be studying Advanced Higher Maths, Business and Geography and either National 5 or Higher Mandarin as I currently study it as a hobby.
Original post by fihirubuuf
Thinking of applying to Balliol for economics and I'm predicted A* A* A* A in economics, further maths, physics, chemistry and have already got an A* in the normal maths A-level.

I’m applying for E&M as well! Balliol is so beautiful so I’m definitely considering it as a college option. Hope to see you next year !
hi,i will be applying for geography at mansfield. my school is one of very few to still do AS exams, but my predictions are loosely based on them. however, i will study a-levels in geography, economics and english literature, and i will do an AS in maths this year. i hope to achieve AAAB-AABC at AS. consequently i’m hopeful that my predicted grades will be A*AA or A*A*A.at gcse, i achieved six A*s and four As - just using old system as on the oxford website they said that both grade 8 and 9 are equally weighted to represent an A*, and a grade 9 doesn’t represent much more than an 8.i really hope to get an interview! let me know if you are also applying for geography.i hope to apply to oxford durham bristol exeter and bham
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 28
I want to apply for Maths and Computer Science or Computer Science. I haven't received my predicted grades year bexause It is too early but I think I can get 3*A but when I am revising i get distracted easily. I am doing Maths , Further Maths and Computer Science. And My gcses are Science:4 Maths:8Art:6Spanish:9(I know that my GCSEs are too bad )I haven't done GCSE english(I am also doing GCSE English now) because I have been only 2 years in the UK and My english is not perfect but I am working on it. I know I am not a strong applicant but can you give some advices ?
Reply 29
Original post by rcull43
American applying for PPE at Wadham or Keble.

Qualifications:
35 ACT / 1470 SAT (1 try ACT, 2 tries SAT)
5555555 AP including Calculus AB
hopefully 5555 predicted including Calculus BC

I think you will find that Oxford won't look at your US qualifications and will base your scores on what you get on their aptitude tests, submitted work and interview.
Best of luck to everyone whose results come out soon!
Guys, what super/extracurriculars are all of you taking if any?
Hi, am thinking of applying to merton for Physics and Philosophy. I take Maths, Phys, Chem and Ancient Greek and love all of my subjects! I am predicted A*A*AA (my school does not predict A*s for Greek) and am doing an AS in Greek this summer. Has anybody got any tips for preparation for the interviews? :smile:
PPE

I am still undecided on which college to which I will apply— just looking for one that’s in a central location, and with decent facilities, a high number of undergraduates, and (preferably) left-wing/left-leaning views.

I am applying with US qualifications:

AP’s:
World History - 5
European History - 5
US History - 5
Human Geography - 5
Comparative Government & Politics - 5
Macroeconomics - 5
Microeconomics - 5
English Language - 5
Spanish - 5

Yet to sit:
English Literature
Calculus BC
US Government & Politics
Art History

SAT: 1580

SAT Subject Tests:
Math II - 800
World History - 790
US History - 770

I’m applying during my gap year, so I will have all qualifications completed by the time I apply.

Good luck y’all!
(edited 4 years ago)
Gcses- 9999999776 Targeted A*A*A for Maths, Further Maths and Physics. Tryina study Computer Science. Idc about the college due to my habit of swift adaptation.
I'm hoping to get into Magdalen College for Medicine
Three 9s, Six 8s and a 5 in French which lets me down
I do Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Psychology and an EPQ
Hoping I can get all A* (and get a high grade on the EPQ) My Minimum Expected Grades are A* in Maths, Chemistry, Psychology and the EPQ, and an A in Biology
I go to a care home at the moment and hoping to get a GP placement soon
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi all,
Not sure which college yet, but I'm applying to Classics and Modern Languages, or Modern Languages and Linguistics. Anyone else?
I'm doing the IB and HL Latin, French and Chemistry,
SL Psychology, Maths and English.
Predicted: 39-40
GCSEs: 99988888A*A*7 including Greek (8).
Currently teaching Latin and French at school to Year 9s in our local town through a program at school.
Lots of extracurriculars, however I'm aware that Oxford not really interested in these.
Anyone have any idea when UCAS oepns?
Original post by advocatingheriot
Anyone have any idea when UCAS oepns?

Apply opens before the end of the school year and you can send it to your school on the 1st of September

Latest

Trending

Trending