The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Will
At least I positive repped you.

Thanks for that. Much appreciated :smile:
Dill
what do you think it says about our culture will?

That ethics and political correctness has gotten out of hand. Maybe.

I support PCness on some issues, such as racism and to a certain extent on sexism.
Reply 262
Im not pro-fox hunting or anti-fox hunting, I just thinking it would be easier and cheaper to keep fox hunting then spend time and money on making a new law.
silent p......?
Im not pro-fox hunting or anti-fox hunting, I just thinking it would be easier and cheaper to keep fox hunting then spend time and money on making a new law.

Same kind of view here. I also dislike the way that the government seems to be trying to stick its beak in anything and everything at the moment.

The police are complaining that they're not going to be able to enforce this ban - so it probably is going to be a moral ban after all: No weight to it but it helps persuade voters to go Labour.
Reply 264
Will
Same kind of view here. I also dislike the way that the government seems to be trying to stick its beak in anything and everything at the moment.

The police are complaining that they're not going to be able to enforce this ban - so it probably is going to be a moral ban after all: No weight to it but it helps persuade voters to go Labour.

I dont see any police in the countryside anyway, apart from when their doing a speed check.
eric bischoff
but whats the point of hunting foxes? does it make people feel big about themselves?

hunting foxes is pest control and people go along because they enjoy a ride across country.
silent p......?
I dont see any police in the countryside anyway, apart from when their doing a speed check.

The difficulty they will have is what can they do to a drag hunt that has accidentally come across a fox? If this 'drag hunt' shoots a fox they come across it is not illegal, and it's not illegal for dogs to attack a corpse, but was it shot before the dogs got it... It will be too difficult to prove.
Reply 267
Will
I happen to think that they ethical justification for banning hunting of any animal except endangered/protected species is pretty dubious myself.

It's a reflection upon the culture of today.

The idea that killing animals, as well as humans is wrong is hardly unique to modern culture. Vegetarianism is the obvious example, but killing for food is much easier to justify than killing for sport or pest control. The justification for banning hunting is an acceptance of the argument that the latter two are wrong and should not be permitted. It does rest on the assumption that the state should protect the rights of animals in some way, but that is generally accepted nowadays.
wanderer
The idea that killing animals, as well as humans is wrong is hardly unique to modern culture. Vegetarianism is the obvious example, but killing for food is much easier to justify than killing for sport or pest control. The justification for banning hunting is an acceptance of the argument that the latter two are wrong and should not be permitted. It does rest on the assumption that the state should protect the rights of animals in some way, but that is generally accepted nowadays.

Killing for pest control is killing for food. Foxes are killed to stop them from killing agricultural animals such as chickens or pheasants. Fair point when applied to killing for sport though.
wanderer

I think that being against hunting for sport is actually unique to modern culture. In the past it was done all the time, and it wasn't restricted to foxes either.

People hunt for sport in America still.
Reply 270
against it...

killing foxes is no different than killing men,dogs,cats e.t.c
Wouldn't mind putting fox hunters in a field and hunting them..
nas7232
against it...

killing foxes is no different than killing men,dogs,cats e.t.c
Wouldn't mind putting fox hunters in a field and hunting them..

so ur against hunting, but ud put the hunters ina field and hunt them. makes no sense
Reply 272
Why does it make no sense?

If fox hunters think it's right to tear a fox apart with the use of hounds, then surely they should suffer the same in theory. Why should human be superior to foxes?

Badger hunting
Dog fights e.t.c were all banned in the past for the same kind of reason.. it's barbaric.
nas7232
Why does it make no sense?

If fox hunters think it's right to tear a fox apart with the use of hounds, then surely they should suffer the same in theory. Why should human be superior to foxes?

Badger hunting
Dog fights e.t.c were all banned in the past for the same kind of reason.. it's barbaric.

u said ur against hunting, but would hunt the hunters. if ur against hunting, u wudnt hunt the hunters
Reply 274
andrew2022
u said ur against hunting, but would hunt the hunters. if ur against hunting, u wudnt hunt the hunters

lol

Didn't know you would take it seriously...
If you don't see what i'm getting at just read it again.

Latest

Trending

Trending