The Student Room Group

how to cope with post-a-levels stress?

came out of my final exam today (lit paper 3, for those curious) and i've had this unshakeable sense of dread ever since. (literally like. 6 hours but most bouts of fearfulness typically do not last that long imo??) I think the fact that it's a transitionary period absolutely plays into it, but i can't help but feel like i'm already wasting time. I'm taking a gap year with the intent of starting uni in 2024, and i'm currently in the process of job hunting. does anyone have any tips at all on how to cope?? thank uuu :smile:
maybe just try and take one or two weeks off before u job hunt. U have worked so hard for the last 2 years allow urself time to do nothing and reset this should help with the stress :smile:
Original post by frogsfoot
came out of my final exam today (lit paper 3, for those curious) and i've had this unshakeable sense of dread ever since. (literally like. 6 hours but most bouts of fearfulness typically do not last that long imo??) I think the fact that it's a transitionary period absolutely plays into it, but i can't help but feel like i'm already wasting time. I'm taking a gap year with the intent of starting uni in 2024, and i'm currently in the process of job hunting. does anyone have any tips at all on how to cope?? thank uuu :smile:
Original post by frogsfoot

Give yourself a break - you deserve a rest after exams so don’t worry about wasting time. Decide on when you’re gonna start doing your gap year stuff, but don’t start right away. The people going to uni this September are getting a break at this point after all

Quick Reply

Latest