The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had any good resources to use for BMAT. Are there any really good books? Is Medify good for BMAT? Any useful websites? Thanks in advance!
Original post by may12388
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had any good resources to use for BMAT. Are there any really good books? Is Medify good for BMAT? Any useful websites? Thanks in advance!

Medify is quite good for BMAT. It gives loads of videos on each section, questions for section 1 and 2, essay plans for section 3 and a bunch of past papers you can print off. I know there is a BMAT revision guide you can find on the 'Cambridge Assessments' page once you create an account for free which is super helpful as I think it's made by the people who make the test. There are also a bunch of other online question banks and courses you can pay to do (I don't know how good they are but some are quite pricey).
Original post by aque1408
Medify is quite good for BMAT. It gives loads of videos on each section, questions for section 1 and 2, essay plans for section 3 and a bunch of past papers you can print off. I know there is a BMAT revision guide you can find on the 'Cambridge Assessments' page once you create an account for free which is super helpful as I think it's made by the people who make the test. There are also a bunch of other online question banks and courses you can pay to do (I don't know how good they are but some are quite pricey).

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, I use Medify for UCAT and it's really good. Hopefully the same goes for BMAT.
Original post by may12388
Thanks for the advice! Yeah, I use Medify for UCAT and it's really good. Hopefully the same goes for BMAT.

yeah same - when did you start medify ucat?
Original post by forbearne
yeah same - when did you start medify ucat?

A few weeks ago :smile:
just did 2019 bmat s1 and s2 (was curious) - it was as hard as people said. But the actual content of the questions wasn't too bad.
People are often motivated to deny the existence of problems if they disagree with the solutions to those problems.
Explain what you think is meant by the statement. Present a counter-argument. To what extent do you agree with the statement?
There are going to be some important changes to section 1 (problem solving) of the BMAT this year. For example, there will be fewer questions to be done within the same period of time, and there will no longer be any of those difficult data analysis questions in the form of long text, amongst other things. So overall it sounds quite positive.

Here is a link to The Medic Portal with some more information:

https://www.themedicportal.com/blog/changes-to-the-bmat-2020/
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by perspecci
There are going to be some important changes to section 1 (problem solving) of the BMAT this year. For example, there will be fewer questions to be done within the same period of time, and there will no longer be any of those difficult data analysis questions in the form of long text, amongst other things. So overall it sounds quite positive.

Here is a link to The Medic Portal with some more information:

https://www.themedicportal.com/blog/changes-to-the-bmat-2020/

yeah but problem solving questions I bet will be ramped up in difficulty:frown:
When would you recommend that people start to revise for the BMAT?
Original post by Jackm 123
When would you recommend that people start to revise for the BMAT?

Have a read of last year's thread, as well as keeping to this thread we're in now. The link to last year's thread is in the first post.

Post originally created by ecolier.
Reply 91
Hello,

I am non UK student and I am long to apply for medicine in UK.
I wanted to ask:
- is there any difference between the BMAT november and september test take? (if i want to take apply for 21/22 and take BMAT in september)
Reply 92
Original post by x_jungshook
Hey!
The one in September usually takes place on a Saturday at the beginning of the month. I’m November it usually takes place mid-week at the beginning of the month. You will take the test and receive your results after the UCAS deadline.
Usually there is no other difference .
Good luck and stay safe!

so the from both of them I will receive my results after UCAS deadline?
Reply 93
Original post by x_jungshook
The deadline is 15th January 2021 so you’ll have plenty of time!

for medicine is october 15th
Original post by Sem/1
so the from both of them I will receive my results after UCAS deadline?

If you take the August exam you will get the result before the ucas deadline of 15th October, that's a big advantage. The only reason to take the October BMAT is if you want to apply to Oxford as it is the only sitting they take.

Lot's of advice on the medicine forums on here.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Laycity
If you take the August exam you will get the result before the ucas deadline of 15th October, that's a big advantage. The only reason to take the October BMAT is if you want to apply to Oxford as it is the only sitting they take.

Absolutely correct, beaten me to it!

The BMAT dates have now changed though, and the early sitting is now September and the later sitting is in November.

This was planned before COVID-19 and is not related to the pandemic. The later tests will be the case from now on.

Whether the lock down and the coronavirus will affect this year's BMAT is still unknown.

Post originally created by ecolier.
Reply 96
Original post by Laycity

does it actually also effect my application if I want to apply for Cambridge?
Original post by Sem/1

No Cambridge accept both sittings
Original post by Sem/1

no cambridge accepts early bmat
Reply 99
thank you for all your answers, stay safe!

Latest

Trending

Trending