Cherrygrape1234
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Please could someone help me with the question
Explain how radiation can damage our bodies and explain how measuring radiation doses can help reduce risk to people
15AroraS
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
AH ok. Im in year 11 and legit one of the questions in our mocks

SO radiation damages our bodies by ionising healthy cells in living tissues. A constant exposure to radiation leads to cell mutations (changes in the DNA structure). This could result in a cancer.

ANd then measuring radiation doses protects us by ensuring we are not exposed to too much radiation for having a long lasting health impact (as explained above). Scientists working with radiation measure their exposure by wearing photographic film badges. These turn cloudy when you are exposed to too much ionising radiation
Cherrygrape1234
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by 15AroraS)
AH ok. Im in year 11 and legit one of the questions in our mocks

SO radiation damages our bodies by ionising healthy cells in living tissues. A constant exposure to radiation leads to cell mutations (changes in the DNA structure). This could result in a cancer.

ANd then measuring radiation doses protects us by ensuring we are not exposed to too much radiation for having a long lasting health impact (as explained above). Scientists working with radiation measure their exposure by wearing photographic film badges. These turn cloudy when you are exposed to too much ionising radiation
Thank you sooo much really appreciate it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (173)
14.49%
I'm not sure (56)
4.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (349)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.93%
I'm not a current university student (581)
48.66%

Watched Threads