The Student Room Group

aarc's gyg blog - my treacherous battle through y13

hi all!
i know we are already in november but i've been lurking and observing in gyg for a while now and felt motivated to make one for myself :h:

hopefully this will help me stay on track & motivated ... we'll see

year: 13
subjects: english language, french and philosophy
predicted grades: A*AB
dream grades: A*A*A
main goal: staying on track with revision and not procrastinating!
uni status: applied - 3/5 offers so far from cardiff, bristol & ULIP, not heard from st andrews or UCL yet
uni course: french/french + ab initio italian

my problem subject is philosophy so this will be my main focus for now - i'd love to get an A in the real thing but currently working at C/B level, completely due to my own lack of revision and motivation, but hopefully this blog will help me a bit to overcome that!

but anyways, thank you for reading and i hope you enjoy watching the progress that i will (hopefully..) make :biggrin:
Reply 1
friday 10th november 2023

strong-ish start today - had english this morning which meant an hour of coursework. currently making good progress, working on having my justification, hypotheses and methodology finished by next week, and most of my theory research done.
in my break i got a couple of the things i wanted to do done which included finishing my topic mindmap for la marginalisation and doing a topic mindmap for the design argument, which i want to create for each philosophy topic for revision (eventually).
had philosophy this afternoon and got one of two of my exams back, i got a B which i was okay with, i wasn't expecting much because i barely revised out of fear lol

overall.. feeling ok. have a couple of homeworks for tuesday to finish off but that's all that's urgent.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 2
monday 13th november 2023

i don't tend to do any work over the weekend so nothing to report there - maybe this needs to change in the future
didn't have a lot to do today - finished off philosophy homework due tomorrow and started some IRP research, v interesting so far

general tasks for the rest of the week will be

continue IRP research

continue english coursework (justification, hypothesis, methodology, then source analysis)

make philosophy topic mindmaps

maybe continue missing french speaking q's

(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by aarcs
friday 10th october 2023

strong-ish start today - had english this morning which meant an hour of coursework. currently making good progress, working on having my justification, hypotheses and methodology finished by next week, and most of my theory research done.
in my break i got a couple of the things i wanted to do done which included finishing my topic mindmap for la marginalisation and doing a topic mindmap for the design argument, which i want to create for each philosophy topic for revision (eventually).
had philosophy this afternoon and got one of two of my exams back, i got a B which i was okay with, i wasn't expecting much because i barely revised out of fear lol

overall.. feeling ok. have a couple of homeworks for tuesday to finish off but that's all that's urgent.

Is there a reason you're telling us about 10th October?
Reply 4
Original post by TiBFS
Is there a reason you're telling us about 10th October?

it's a daily grow your grades/study blog 🙂
Original post by aarcs
monday 13th october 2023

i don't tend to do any work over the weekend so nothing to report there - maybe this needs to change in the future
didn't have a lot to do today - finished off philosophy homework due tomorrow and started some IRP research, v interesting so far

continue IRP research

continue english coursework (justification, hypothesis, methodology, then source analysis)

hi, hope your studying was successful! how is your irp going?
Original post by aarcs
monday 13th october 2023

continue IRP research

its november 🙂 - would be fun to go back in time haha! oooo im definitely watching your gyg forum <3!
Reply 7
Original post by emm4nuella
its november 🙂 - would be fun to go back in time haha! oooo im definitely watching your gyg forum <3!

omg this just shows how crazy a levels are driving me hahah thanks for pointing that out
Reply 8
Original post by erin11
hi, hope your studying was successful! how is your irp going?

thanks !! my irp is going well ty, so far my teacher has just told us to begin research on our topic so that's what i've been doing, it's been pretty interesting
iirc you do french too right? how's yours going 🙂
Reply 9
friday 24 november

i have obvs failed at keeping this up every day. but let's try this again
today will be coursework in my english lesson and then in my break i'll finish off french hwk & hopefully get started on making revision stuff for metaphysics of god module. and then finally the wkend !!
Original post by aarcs
thanks !! my irp is going well ty, so far my teacher has just told us to begin research on our topic so that's what i've been doing, it's been pretty interesting
iirc you do french too right? how's yours going 🙂

yep, fellow French student here. id say mine is going pretty well, I have done most of my general research and am now zoning in more specifically into my question.
Welcome to Grow Your Grades :biggrin: It's great to have you here and looking forward to following your journey! What are you doing your English coursework on?
Original post by aarcs
friday 24 november

i have obvs failed at keeping this up every day. but let's try this again
today will be coursework in my english lesson and then in my break i'll finish off french hwk & hopefully get started on making revision stuff for metaphysics of god module. and then finally the wkend !!

don’t worry I also fall prone to forgetting to post on my gyg forum! we are a level students - busy human beings 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending