The Student Room Group

MY journey to (hopefully) all nine's!! (●'◡'●)

Hi all!
I'm new to TSR so excuse me if i'm doing/posting this wrong but ive seen quite a few others do this and it seemed like a nice idea. This thread (I think it's called?) is just to document my way through y10, y11 and hopefully to results day!

Subjects i'm taking: History, Geography, Triple science, GCSE PE and ofc all the required ones.

Currently i mainly revise through Anki (728 cards so far!) but im starting to use different methods

Favourite subject: All three sciences.
Least favourite: English Lang (ew)

Thanks for reading and see you around :smile: !
Original post by Da_fluffay
Hi all!
I'm new to TSR so excuse me if i'm doing/posting this wrong but ive seen quite a few others do this and it seemed like a nice idea. This thread (I think it's called?) is just to document my way through y10, y11 and hopefully to results day!

Subjects i'm taking: History, Geography, Triple science, GCSE PE and ofc all the required ones.

Currently i mainly revise through Anki (728 cards so far!) but im starting to use different methods

Hi, welcome to TSR! I look forward to seeing what you get up to over the next two years
Reply 2
Original post by CatalinaIK
Hi, welcome to TSR! I look forward to seeing what you get up to over the next two years

Thank you!
Reply 3
Today im planning to make spreadsheets of all my topics in each subject. I find that it's a lot easier to identify strengths and weaknesses using that.
Reply 4
I've finished 4 spreadsheets. Bio, Chem Physics and Maths. Wayy more time consuming then i originally thought but im getting there. I'm also progressing in touch typing now at 27 WPM. aiming for 40. Not sure how to make spreadsheets on english and history. I don't think you can for english but i'm waiting for my pe text book to arrive.Still need to anki...
Hi all!

This is just my opinion, but if I were you I'd try to limit your anki usage. Anki is good for illogical facts, but it's only proven to be effective at med school because of how heavily factual the course is. For GCSEs, combining different revision methods like flashcards AND mind maps (feynman technique is useful as well) should be sufficient. Past papers and topic questions should then make up the rest of your revision as they'll identify any weak spots.

Revision is a lot simpler then we're lead to believe (I've watched way too many videos on it).
Reply 6
I've finished 4 spreadsheets. Bio, Chem Physics and Maths. Wayy more time consuming then i originally thought but im getting there. I'm also progressing in touch typing now at 27 WPM. aiming for 40. Not sure how to make spreadsheets on english and history. I don't think you can for english but i'm waiting for my pe text book to arrive.Still need to anki...

can you give us the links please!!
Moved to Grow your Grades :biggrin:
Good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by fiftyblunts
can you give us the links please!!

I'll send them today when I get home from school!
Reply 9
Original post by flowersinmyhair
Moved to Grow your Grades :biggrin:
Good luck!

Thank you 😀
Reply 10
Original post by username6489053
This is just my opinion, but if I were you I'd try to limit your anki usage. Anki is good for illogical facts, but it's only proven to be effective at med school because of how heavily factual the course is. For GCSEs, combining different revision methods like flashcards AND mind maps (feynman technique is useful as well) should be sufficient. Past papers and topic questions should then make up the rest of your revision as they'll identify any weak spots.

Revision is a lot simpler then we're lead to believe (I've watched way too many videos on it).

Thanks for your advice I appreciate it a lot. I have been limiting my anki usage now. I'll probably make a mind maps for my upcoming science tests today, but I do see your point regarding anki.
Reply 11

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending