The Student Room Group

i need help on bio, chem and physics

I have an entrance exam for year 10 soon and for science, the topics are making materials and plant growth and etc,

I'm a bit confused as to what exactly the exam will have because that's very vague and there are lots of sub-topics under that.

Can anyone suggest any ideas on how to revise and what to revise please? it's urgent and any help will be very appreciated.
Cognito is great for gcse topics and I think it does KS3 levels as well.
Reply 2
Original post by anxnyx
I have an entrance exam for year 10 soon and for science, the topics are making materials and plant growth and etc,

I'm a bit confused as to what exactly the exam will have because that's very vague and there are lots of sub-topics under that.

Can anyone suggest any ideas on how to revise and what to revise please? it's urgent and any help will be very appreciated.

try and use cognito/free science lessons! They work best.
Reply 3
Original post by FrenchFencer
Cognito is great for gcse topics and I think it does KS3 levels as well.

thank you! i'll check it out!

also, do you have any advice for yr10 grammar school entrance test?
Reply 4
Original post by anxnyx
thank you! i'll check it out!

also, do you have any advice for yr10 grammar school entrance test?

I'm a year 11 in a public school, but I can give you some advices for you because my friends go to grammar school! :smile:

So basically use recent news if they have an interview, as they will test you on your ability in english. If you have a entrance test like this, try and don't overthink the questions! as the questions are majority multiple choices. You also need to revise for maths as this is very important!

The topics that you need to revise for maths are: Perimeters, areas, fractions etc. basically anything around KS2. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by _lilinx_
I'm a year 11 in a public school, but I can give you some advices for you because my friends go to grammar school! :smile:

So basically use recent news if they have an interview, as they will test you on your ability in english. If you have a entrance test like this, try and don't overthink the questions! as the questions are majority multiple choices. You also need to revise for maths as this is very important!

The topics that you need to revise for maths are: Perimeters, areas, fractions etc. basically anything around KS2. Hope this helps :smile:

that helps a lot, thank you!! do you think you can ask your friends what type of questions there are going to be in the entrance test, if that's possible please? my test is on this friday and i would really appreciate it
Reply 6
Original post by anxnyx
that helps a lot, thank you!! do you think you can ask your friends what type of questions there are going to be in the entrance test, if that's possible please? my test is on this friday and i would really appreciate it

Honestly, im not sure. But I'm pretty sure your maths entrance exams are gonna be just multiple choices, but just make sure to practice and revise. Because no matter what, entrance exams in any schools are different.
Reply 7
Original post by _lilinx_
Honestly, im not sure. But I'm pretty sure your maths entrance exams are gonna be just multiple choices, but just make sure to practice and revise. Because no matter what, entrance exams in any schools are different.

oh okay, do you know if your friends are on TSR? it would just be really helpful if they can give any tips?

Quick Reply

Latest