The Student Room Group

TSR Profile Access

Does anyone know how to access the TSR profiles? Whenever I want to click on my profile it just takes me to a blank page with bio and then 3 dots. Does anyone know how to now access your visitor messages?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
meow
Original post by Deggs_14
Does anyone know how to access the TSR profiles? Whenever I want to click on my profile it just takes me to a blank page with bio and then 3 dots. Does anyone know how to now access your visitor messages?

Yes, this is the crappy new interface designed for mobile devices and essentially useless. Someone on the dev team gave me a good tip: if you've got an old firefox browser, try viewing the profile on that. You'll get the old, full page version :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Reality Check
Yes, this is the crappy new interface designed for mobile devices and essentially useless. Someone on the dev team gave me a good tip: if you've got an old firefox browser, try viewing the profile on that. You'll get the old, full page version :smile:

Perfect! Thank you for the help :smile:
Original post by Deggs_14
Perfect! Thank you for the help :smile:

You're welcome :smile:
Reply 5
The new one is absolute crap, innit?
Reply 6
Original post by gjd800

I'm curious who on earth thought it would be a good idea to make the craptastic mobile version the de facto pc based one?! Stupidity abounds.
Reply 7
Original post by Napp
I'm curious who on earth thought it would be a good idea to make the craptastic mobile version the de facto pc based one?! Stupidity abounds.

Yea, really weird decision. it's not like it even has any improved functionality (or indeed any functionality). Just crap.
Original post by gjd800

In a word, yes. I can't send a message to new followers, saying "thanks for the follow" any more.
Reply 9
There have been various threads about it like this one:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6381220

There hasn't been a staff response about it yet but hopefully soon judging by this:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=88241240&postcount=97
On mobile I can still access the old profiles - it's only on desktop that I'm getting the **** version :frown:
errrrrrr since when has this new profile been in place?

I just turned something off in Waterfox and the usual member.php/... page redirected to some /account page that desecrated my beautiful profile :bawling:

edit: checked one of the linked threads above
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Napp

A TSR beta-tester like me were stupidly in favour of it before we saw the result (we voted on it based on pictures)... Then we were like hell naw this sucks I use Firefox private browser so I don't have to see the new PP (also sorry for bumping a 1 month old thread).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending