The Student Room Group

Looking for vacancies

Dear colleagues,

I am reaching out to urgently request your help finding vacancies related to health economics, health financing, market access, or a research assistant role at a university, pharmacy industry, or boutique consultancy.

I will be relocating to the UK in January 2024 as my wife pursues her PhD at UCL. Although I have a work permit, my wife's scholarship will not fully sustain my family's costs.

My background includes an MSc in Health Policy, Planning & Financing from LSE/LSHTM and over 10 years in the healthcare industry. I have experience in market access, health technology assessments, developing cost-effectiveness models, and pricing strategy.

Any leads would be tremendously appreciated as I begin my job search in the UK. Please let me know if you are aware of any suitable openings or have any advice.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards,
Andrew R
Reply 1
Some suggestions
The MHRA ? There’s a Lead Health Economist on page 3 - and a wide range of other jobs relating to market access etc that may be posted over time https://mhra.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/search/1008439/pageNaN

NICE ? As they deal with evaluating medical technologies and market access evaluations and economic evaluations of medicines etc.
https://www.nice.org.uk/get-involved/careers

A lot of googling. For market access etc you’ll actually want bigger network health comms agencies not boutiques.
So searching Healthcare communications agency + market access + UK” and variations, and then looking over their website to see ones listing market access. Send speculative letters and CV.

And, googling to create list of management consultancies that do health and market access and the other areas you mention. And then speculative letters plus CV.

Innovation accelerators? Cell and gene therapy catapult springs to mind. There are biotech parks in London, Oxford, Cambridge and other places -go through the companies you find on google maps in the parks, review websites, then their LinkedIn page, and again speculative letters and CV to any that seem interesting.

Ditto Pharma companies. You’ll just need to google and find ones near the city you will be based in, or ones offering hybrid working.

With 10 years experience if you can clearly articulate what you can offer then there’s a possibility you’ll get something.

Don’t worry too much about jobs they list on their websites, often these lists are slow to update or they may have something opening up that’s not listed yet.

You don’t say your seniority - but using a head hunter is common for industry, the advantage is they’ll also be able to help you with application ie review CV.

Set up your LinkedIn profile to be “looking for jobs” or whatever the setting is, set your location right now for UK / and your UK city, and then follow as many relevant organisations as you can. With a good profile you may well start getting inbox job openings from relevant employers or employment consultants. A lot of jobs are published on LinkedIn so it’s a good place to browse as it will serve up related jobs to give you ideas.

Sorry you only slightly overlap my area of expertise, but when I moved back to the UK after working abroad I used LinkedIn and a lot of googling to create lists of places to apply to, and though I sent out a lot of tailored letters and CV which took ages, I did get a job fairly fast.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending