The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
does anyone know how freshers week is going to work? do you have to apply for it?
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 41
i dont know when freshers week is but i think that you just turn up, its the week brfore the actual term starts i think, i also dont know if you HAVE to go,

my advice would be to contact the university as they will have all the information
Reply 42
sweet as!!

i'm gonna check that one out. I suppose that will be good craic!
Reply 43
Anyone else just get their module choice booklet this morning?
Reply 44
Yeah I got mine. It's starting to sound very serious. Not pleased!
I'm so annoyed with it though. because I have to do Psychology I only really get choices of alot of scientific modules. And I hate Science!!
Reply 45
how does the module thing work?
i applied for a 3 year course originally so i haven't really looked into it.
Reply 46
I think you have to do a 6 modules each year until 3rd year when it drops to 4 or somthing. That obviously would be different for you because your only doing 3 years.
Reply 47
no, i'm doing four years i didn't get the grades for 3.
if you're doing joint honours do you still have to take other modules in a different subject?
know what accommodation you're in yet?
Lou44
Oh hey, flatmate...I'm there too!
Looks like I'll be seeing you in a little over 3 weeks then.

Hi! Are you looking forward to starting? Not long to go now :woo:
Reply 49
Yorkshireman
Hi! Are you looking forward to starting? Not long to go now :woo:

Definitely! Well...apart from the having to study loads again and knowing absolutely no-one parts haha. :unsure:
What are you going to be studying?
Lou44
Definitely! Well...apart from the having to study loads again and knowing absolutely no-one parts haha. :unsure:
What are you going to be studying?

I know, some days I'm excited some days very nervous :s-smilie:
I'm studying Financial Economics, how about you?
Reply 51
Yorkshireman
I know, some days I'm excited some days very nervous :s-smilie:
I'm studying Financial Economics, how about you?

Law (Eng/NI) with German. :eek: Just finished a gap year though, so no idea if I'll actually still be able to read and write, let alone do a ****load of work!
Found anyone else in our flat? Had a quick look on a facebook group earlier but couldn't see anyone. Arriving on the 13th by the way?
Lou44
Law (Eng/NI) with German. :eek: Just finished a gap year though, so no idea if I'll actually still be able to read and write, let alone do a ****load of work!
Found anyone else in our flat? Had a quick look on a facebook group earlier but couldn't see anyone. Arriving on the 13th by the way?

Nope you're the first person I've found :smile: , I'll be getting there on the 13th after a 6 hour car journey, I guess you'll have a long trip as well?
don't worry bout not knowing anyone. Just hang around in the union which is actually pretty good, or join a few socs. Theres a poker soc :P And it's 1.30 a pint in the union, if you drink tennants (and you will). Dunno if it's still gona be 99p a pint before 9 or not.
Reply 54
Yorkshireman
Nope you're the first person I've found :smile: , I'll be getting there on the 13th after a 6 hour car journey, I guess you'll have a long trip as well?

Yup. Getting the early boat and then driving. Probably be about the same time as you. Used to it though haha. Both my parents have insisted upon dropping me off though...may be a little embarrasing! You going to get one of those freshers' passes?

Definitely planning on joining a few socs, Indievertigo - tennis, maybe golf and probably loads more. Haven't looked at what there is yet. I'm sure tennants will be fine if it's cheap then. Union seems a good place at least to watch the 6 Nations!
Reply 55
My parents are insisting on dropping me off as well. I'm not in the mood for it!
I wish I had passed my driving test before I left though.
Reply 56
Everyone's parents drop them off, it'll be fine :smile:
Lou44
Yup. Getting the early boat and then driving. Probably be about the same time as you. Used to it though haha. Both my parents have insisted upon dropping me off though...may be a little embarrasing! You going to get one of those freshers' passes?

Don't really know much about the freshers pass, are they worth getting?
Are you a bit of a sportsperson then? (sounds it through your choice of socs!)
Reply 58
Hey everyone!

I'm also going to Dundee Uni to study Town Planning for four years (or until i fail/get chucked out =])

Not sorted out any accommodation yet, which is a bit dumb of me, but I'll get something sorted soon I guess. Who needs a flat for freshers week anyway :P

I'm really exited!!!

no doubt I'll meet some of you at freshers week :biggrin:

ahhh yeaaa
Reply 59
I actually need to send away for that freshers pass. Should be a dam good week!!

Latest

Trending

Trending