The Student Room Group

UCAS Application

Hi, I submitted my ucas application about a month ago but I recently had a issue. I’m currently in college and I’m studying HNC Business and I received an offer from Dundee University not to long after sending it. Around 3 days ago I got 2 back to back emails from the top 2 universities I was trying to get into this year stating that my current grades did not meet their requirements. This confuses me as Dundee had requirements of AABB and both Glasgow and Edinburgh had significantly lower entry requirements (with widening access). After further looking into my application I noticed my mistake. I had forgot to add that I am currently studying Business onto my application. What should I do at this current time? Thanks
Original post by flee
Hi, I submitted my ucas application about a month ago but I recently had a issue. I’m currently in college and I’m studying HNC Business and I received an offer from Dundee University not to long after sending it. Around 3 days ago I got 2 back to back emails from the top 2 universities I was trying to get into this year stating that my current grades did not meet their requirements. This confuses me as Dundee had requirements of AABB and both Glasgow and Edinburgh had significantly lower entry requirements (with widening access). After further looking into my application I noticed my mistake. I had forgot to add that I am currently studying Business onto my application. What should I do at this current time? Thanks

Use the UCAS Qualification Amendment Form to add the qualification you forgot to include. Then contact the universities who've said you don't meet their entry requirements and describe this issue; let them know that you have now added the qualification to your UCAS application. They have no obligation to reconsider you, and will almost certainly consider you a "late" applicant (i.e. after the equal consideration deadline) if they do.

I wonder why you received an offer from Dundee if they had higher requirements that both Glasgow and Edinburgh (with widening access). Did they not care about the missing HNC, perhaps?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending