The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

O2 tariffs are made up of minutes and texts, for example:

£35: 600 minutes + 500 texts.

In addition, new O2 customers (and existing upgrading ones) can take advantage of an offer whereby they can have a free promotional bolt-on ... for example, unlimited O2-O2 calls or unlimited texts.

Say you took the unlimited texts option, your tariff would be:

£35: 600 minutes + 500 texts + UNLTD text bolt-on.

UNLTD = 3000. That's 100 a day. I've yet to find someone that can use that many in one day...

When you use your texts, the 500 in your tariff get used first, then the unlimited part gets used.

Why's that important I hear you cry? Well when you go abroad or send picture messages, rather than being charged extra, it deducts a multiple amount out of your allowance... i.e. every text message you send whilst abroad uses four out of your allowance. Every picture message you send, be it in the UK or abroad, uses four out of your allowance. Once you've used up your initial 500, the remaining texts can only be used for UK texts only, and every picture message you send thereafter, or every text you send whilst abroad will be charged at the standard rate!

Hope this helps!!
Reply 21
12,000 is very generous - even if it is an 'unlimited' tariff. I'd use maybe 1000-2000 texts a month if I text non-stop to all my friends, which I don't.. So 1000 would do me fine! :p:

My O2 tariff changes from Text Anytime to Unlimited on the 14th September, sent in a request for it to be changed on my next anniversary date a week ago. :smile:
Reply 22
Someone screwed with me and rang me up at 4am this morning, so I sent them 500 texts, they come in handy as I can send multiple texts to 1 person in 1 go.
Reply 23
rummang
Someone screwed with me and rang me up at 4am this morning, so I sent them 500 texts, they come in handy as I can send multiple texts to 1 person in 1 go.

Did that involve pressing "send" 500 times? Cos i would suggest that just going back to sleep and turning your phone off would have been a better use of time! OR in future...just turning your phone off at night. Then you get amusing voicemails but not woken up :smile: (This comes from someone with a name beginning with "A" who gets accidentally phoned ALL the time)
Reply 24
Flicker
Did that involve pressing "send" 500 times? Cos i would suggest that just going back to sleep and turning your phone off would have been a better use of time! OR in future...just turning your phone off at night. Then you get amusing voicemails but not woken up :smile: (This comes from someone with a name beginning with "A" who gets accidentally phoned ALL the time)

Took me less than a minute to do it, minimal effort.
Reply 25
unlimited texts on o2 contracts used to be 22000. not sure if thats changed though but thats def what it was a few months ago. pic messages arent included.

Latest

Trending

Trending