The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Vine Court

I'm hopefully going to be a student at the University of Liverpool starting autumn 2020. I don't really know how to cook, so I'm considering taking the catering option offered at Vine Court. There are 2 options for catering, one in which I only share the kitchen and lounge area with 2 people, and the other where I share the kitchen/lounge area with about 16 people. I want to meet people and make friends (and hopefully that'll start in my flat), but in the event that I cook regularly, I want to have enough space in the kitchen to store food in cupboards and in the fridge/freezer.
What are the pros and cons of sharing a kitchen with few or many students? And how was your experience in Vine Court?
Original post by AAmelia
I'm hopefully going to be a student at the University of Liverpool starting autumn 2020. I don't really know how to cook, so I'm considering taking the catering option offered at Vine Court. There are 2 options for catering, one in which I only share the kitchen and lounge area with 2 people, and the other where I share the kitchen/lounge area with about 16 people. I want to meet people and make friends (and hopefully that'll start in my flat), but in the event that I cook regularly, I want to have enough space in the kitchen to store food in cupboards and in the fridge/freezer.
What are the pros and cons of sharing a kitchen with few or many students? And how was your experience in Vine Court?

I can't answer on Vine Court as DD never looked at it since she would not want catered.
You have probably never had more free time than you have now - why not learn to cook? I have always daughter my daughter how to cook things that she likes so she can feed herself healthily (and cheaply) in the future. Now she is getting pretty proficient and nicely adventurous - we had bao buns for dinner the other day and she is building up a repertoire of curries, plus other family favourites. Wagamamas wok from home youtube has been great for us.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by AAmelia

Vine Court is really well located, and nice and modern, especially if you are doing an arts or humanities subject. Personally I went catered (not at Vine Court, but at another hall which no longer caters for students - and I really liked the food). You'll definitely have enough storage space, as everyone gets a cupboard (although it may be smaller if you are catered). I wanted to be catered but I knew how to cook, so I would definitely recommend learning some basic recipes at least, for second year onwards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending