The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Carmel College foundation to human and animal health professions

I'm starting this September, who else is starting it this September?
I'm on the medical route fyi.
Reply 1
Original post by samee1998

Samesame
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by samee1998

Hi there,

Congratulations on getting onto the course :smile:

Let me know if you have any questions about the University or the city!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Reply 3
I am starting in September too, occupational therapy path way 😊
Original post by laurx
I am starting in September too, occupational therapy path way 😊

Well done!

Best of luck :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
I'm looking to apply for this programme but via the Dentistry pathway. What sort of things did you guys do to strengthen your application and receive an offer. I'll be 23 when begin the course so am aiming for 2025 entry. I'd appreciate any help since there's next to no information out there.
Original post by resilient001
I'm looking to apply for this programme but via the Dentistry pathway. What sort of things did you guys do to strengthen your application and receive an offer. I'll be 23 when begin the course so am aiming for 2025 entry. I'd appreciate any help since there's next to no information out there.
I’m currently on the course, on the occupational therapy pathway. For my application, I have no previous experience at all in the profession (and you don’t need any, to my knowledge) but I just tried to apply it to my previous job experiences. Also for my interview, I researched the questions that tend to get asked and made sure I had a good knowledge of the role. Good luck!
Hey, thanks for the reply!

If you don't mind me asking what job experiences were you involved in and how old were you when you sent your application off, as I know this is for mature students only?

How did you go about securing your interview, is there anything they look for within a candidate in particular? Since I'm putting all of eggs in the Liverpool basket I just want to make sure I'm prepared.
Thank you for your help again, really!
Original post by resilient001
Hey, thanks for the reply!
If you don't mind me asking what job experiences were you involved in and how old were you when you sent your application off, as I know this is for mature students only?
How did you go about securing your interview, is there anything they look for within a candidate in particular? Since I'm putting all of eggs in the Liverpool basket I just want to make sure I'm prepared.
Thank you for your help again, really!

I’m 35 with young children and have only ever worked in customer service before, but I have had experience of occupational therapists from the help people in my family have received from them, so I made sure to talk about that in my application. I honestly think the main thing they are looking for is that you are passionate about the role, not about your experience so if you can get this to come across in your application I’m sure you’ll be fine. The students on my course range from 20-48 so quite a big age range.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Loach’s
I’m 35 with young children and have only ever worked in customer service before, but I have had experience of occupational therapists from the help people in my family have received from them, so I made sure to talk about that in my application. I honestly think the main thing they are looking for is that you are passionate about the role, not about your experience so if you can get this to come across in your application I’m sure you’ll be fine. The students on my course range from 20-48 so quite a big age range.
Hey, thanks for your reply. That sounds really interesting. The only thing is I applied for the programme when I was 21, but didn't receive an interview invite. I assumed it was because I wasn't old enough. Do you mind PM'ing me your contact info so I can ask some more questions. It would be super helpful. I really appreciate you even discussing this with me. See ya!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending