The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool accomodation

I am looking to apply for accomodation right now and I am just wondering what the best option is, and if all of the options are on the Liverpool applicant portal? I am looking for a room with an ensuite shower :smile:
Reply 1
Hi,
It depends on what you are after. If you would like to be closer to the university then I would say crown place is a good option. Its right by campus and all the accom in there is ensuite (or so I was told when I visited).
If you would like to not be in middle of the city and dont mind a bus ride to uni then i d say greenbank is a really good accommodation.
And you should be able to see all these options on portal.
(edited 11 months ago)
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
I'd say Crown Place and Greenbank are the most social accommodations, but it depends on what you're looking for!
Greenbank is a bit further out from the centre and the university, so you'd probably need to buy a bus pass which is about £300 for the year. It's likely to be in the same area you'd be living if you move into a house for 2nd year onwards though, so it can be quite nice to get to know the area well. Greenbank also has its own library area, gym and is home to the sports courts where a lot of the sports teams play, so it can be ideal if you're someone involved in sports. You get free membership to the Greenbank gym as a resident, so the money you spend on a bus pass sort of evens itself out.
Crown Place is probably the most popular because of its location, but I found the kitchens and living areas very small and not as "homely". It used to be slightly cheaper, but I'm not sure about pricing now. It tends to be where most pres and parties happen, and can be very loud all the time, but it's placed ideally on campus near to many of the popular lecture halls, the AJ pub and the guild.
Vine Court offers both catered and self-catered options, whereas all the others only offer self-catered. It has a reputation for being the "posh" accommodation, but it is really lovely inside and is in a great location near the library and business school.
Melville Grove is the only one with shared bathrooms, so I'd assume that's out of the picture.
I stayed in Philharmonic Court in my first year and I LOVED IT. It usually goes unnoticed and many people don't seem to know where it is, but I had a room almost double the size of my friends living elsewhere, and found it was in a really good location, just behind Philharmonic Hall. It has a reputation for being quite quiet, and does have a lot of international students, but I was really lucky with my flatmates and we loved going out. It's definitely not as quiet as people make out. i found it the perfect balance - lively enough when you want it but also not constantly noisy so you can also focus on work/exams when you need to. It has a communal games room/lounge and study area too which was great and was no further than a 5 minute walk to any of the buildings i needed to go to on campus.
It really depends on what you're looking for, but I don't really think you can go wrong! You have to fill out a questionnaire about the type of person you are i.e. sleeping habits, if you like to go out/not, so the university tends to pair you with very similar people regardless of where you end up staying. I'd recommend trying to view them in person at an open day if you can, but if not, the pictures on the website tend to be a good representation, and there's lots of room tours on youtube.
it may also be worth considering St Luke's if you're not set on university accommodation - it's quite a bit cheaper and more and more UoL students seem to be staying there every year. It's a bit closer into town, very social, and you get to meet more people from other universities too. I've been to a lot of pres there while I've been at university and the rooms and kitchens are super nice!
You can't really go wrong - just weigh up your options and think about your priorities.
I'm happy to answer any questions if you have any! xxx
Original post by crystal.c03
I am looking to apply for accomodation right now and I am just wondering what the best option is, and if all of the options are on the Liverpool applicant portal? I am looking for a room with an ensuite shower :smile:
Original post by crystal.c03

Hi there!

All of the options currently available will be on the portal :smile:.

So there are various pro's and con's for all our accommodations, so it is difficult to say which is 'best'. However, the key differences between different halls, are if you want on-campus or off-campus. The only off-campus hall currently is Greenbank. All our halls have ensuite shower/toilet other than Melville Grove, so avoid that if that is really important to you.

I can tell you lots more about any of the halls or answer any more questions that you may have

I hope this is useful anyway.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending