The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It's taken automatically from your salary once you start earning over a certain amount (think it may be ÂŁ10,000 a year, but I dunno).
Nylex
It's taken automatically from your salary once you start earning over a certain amount (think it may be ÂŁ10,000 a year, but I dunno).

Sounds about right.

But I understand that you can make contributions at any time if you so wish, of any amount.
Reply 3
Expression
Sounds about right.

But I understand that you can make contributions at any time if you so wish, of any amount.

Ah, I didn't know that :smile:.
Reply 4
Expression
you can make contributions at any time if you so wish, of any amount.

That's what I'd like to do. I'm just wondering how to go about it though. I've checked the student loans website, and it's amazingly unhelpful.
Unregistered
That's what I'd like to do. I'm just wondering how to go about it though. I've checked the student loans website, and it's amazingly unhelpful.

Get on the phone to them then, they should be able to discuss with you your individual circumstances, better than some rough online guide will do.
Reply 6
Nylex

ÂŁ12000 p.a., ÂŁ15000 from next year
elpaw
ÂŁ12000 p.a., ÂŁ15000 from next year

They automatically take 9% out of your pay packet to pay back your student loan.

There's all these students whining about starting off with ÂŁ15,000 debts etc. It really is not a big deal as you get to pay it off slowly at only 9% or so.
Reply 8
Jools
They automatically take 9% out of your pay packet to pay back your student loan.

There's all these students whining about starting off with ÂŁ15,000 debts etc. It really is not a big deal as you get to pay it off slowly at only 9% or so.

Don't worry - you think they know nothing about you and that you might get away with it...but when you least expect it they HUNT YOU DOWN and make sure you direct debit every month like a good boy/girl. and you hardly notice it gp anyway - they're pretty marginal amount. Big brother is watching you...
Reply 9
Unregistered
How do I do it?

Well if you get a job with a 12k salary or under or can't get a job then you don't pay anything. When you earn over 12k then you start paying a small amount out of your wage. Something like ÂŁ2 a week or something stupid.

I don't understand all the whinging students that complain about fees etc. It is an easy deal to pay student loans. If you can't afford it you don't pay! If you can you pay next to nothing! The whinging fuckers! :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending