The Student Room Group

I'm 26 with just an English GCSE

Hi.

Im wanting to do a zoology degree but I only have an English GCSE - C. I'm wanting to go to Cardiff university... What qualifications would I need? I've already enrolled to do maths gcse..
Have you looked at access courses?
Reply 2
Original post by Mdutfield
Hi.

Im wanting to do a zoology degree but I only have an English GCSE - C. I'm wanting to go to Cardiff university... What qualifications would I need? I've already enrolled to do maths gcse..

I would look at biology too, but I’m not sure it’s essential:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by MalcolmX
Have you looked at access courses?

What is that? Sorry haha
Reply 4
Hi.

More science Gcses including biology are needed. Then an Alevel in biology at least. Otherwise you will not have a clue about studying advanced biology at uni.
Have you had a look at Cardiff’s entry requirements? It asks for Maths and English GCSE so your already half way there. It also asks for A Levels but you can do what is called an Access to Higher Education course. I’d have a look at your local colleges to see what they offer. Good luck! I went back to uni at 32 and gained a degree. You can do this!
What is that? Sorry haha

The access courses are designed for people who want to go to university when they do not currently have a level 3 qualification (e.g. A-Levels/BTEC/IB). They provide you with an equivalent level of knowledge. Something like this is what you would probably want; https://www.cwc.ac.uk/courses/section/course/access-to-h.e.-diploma-in-science.
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi.

You can either do a level 3 access to HE one year course or if you feel your study skills are way behind then do a pre access course, which consists of 1-5 gcse in a year.

They dont actually say of they accept access, but most unis do. You will need to contact and check.
I expect it will need to be the science one and you are looking at around the D33M12 range. Only they can tell you.
The point is you will need good grades although I do note it is in clearing, so they may be a bit more lenient. Contact and ask.

PS I actually looked at the course.
(edited 3 years ago)
Well what are their entry requirements? You need that

Quick Reply

Latest