The Student Room Group

A-level predicted grades

Hi, I'm in year 12 at the moment. I just wanted to know if its possible for me to get predicted 2 A*s or at least 1? As my school isn't being very clear, I'd just like a wide range of opinions for reassurance.

Politics mock 1: A (2 off A*)
Politics mock 2: A
Politics mock 3: A

English mock 1: B
English mock 2: A (2 off A* overall, I got 26/30 which is a firm A and then 27/30 which is one off an A*)
English mock 3: A*

History mock 1: B
History mock 2: A
History mock 3: A

For all subjects, I've been contributing a lot in class and my class essays are up to standard. For English, I constantly get A*s in my essays as well as in my practice exams. For Politics I get high As/low A*s (normally 20/25, 19/25, 21/25 etc) and for History I get L4/5, 20/25, 21/25 etc.

There is a slim chance of me getting predicted an A* in any subject as I have yet to actually achieve one but I'd like to hear someone else's opinion on this, my friends say it's unlikely I'll get the A* predicted though.
I understand it depends on what I get this mock, so if I do get an A* this mock, will I get the A* predicted grade?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by julianjoy
Hi, I'm in year 12 at the moment. I just wanted to know if its possible for me to get predicted 2 A*s or at least 1? As my school isn't being very clear, I'd just like a wide range of opinions for reassurance.

Politics mock 1: A (2 off A*)
Politics mock 2: Low A
Politics mock 3: ?

English mock 1: B
English mock 2: A (2 off A* overall, I got 26/30 which is a firm A and then 27/30 which is one off an A*)
English mock 3: ?

History mock 1: B
History mock 2: High A
History mock 3: ?

For all subjects, I've been contributing a lot in class and my class essays are up to standard. For English, I constantly get A*s in my essays as well as in my practice exams. For Politics I get high As/low A*s (normally 20/25, 19/25, 21/25 etc) and for History I get L4/5, 20/25, 21/25 etc.

There is a slim chance of me getting predicted an A* in any subject as I have yet to actually achieve one but I'd like to hear someone else's opinion on this, my friends say it's unlikely I'll get the A* predicted though.
I understand it depends on what I get this mock, so if I do get an A* this mock, will I get the A* predicted grade?

hey! i don't want to give you a definitive answer because all colleges are different but mine tended based our predicted grades on the assessments we'd done throughout year 12 AND the trajectory - as in what they thought we'd get if we continued the same rate of progress. it could be worth speaking to your teachers and finding out what they think and if there's anything you can do to hit the grades you want to. best of luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest