The Student Room Group

Will predicted GCSE grades be lower than mock grade??

I got an 8 in my RE mock and im getting my predicted grade on the 20th August, will it be lower than our mock grade in general? Also in the case that it will be higher, is it possible to be given a 9 as a predicted grade?? Thanks x
According to the announcements yesterday, I don't believe that you can get a grade lower than your mock i.e. you'd be getting an 8. Or a 9 if that's what your teachers predicted you and ofqual didn't lower it.
Original post by neko no basu
According to the announcements yesterday, I don't believe that you can get a grade lower than your mock i.e. you'd be getting an 8. Or a 9 if that's what your teachers predicted you and ofqual didn't lower it.

I’ve seen that said for a-level students but I haven’t seen anything like that being said for gcse. Although, most likely it’s the same for gcse but the news outlets are focusing on a-levels since that’s tomorrow. But yeah, if you get a grade that was lower than your mock, it can act as grounds for an appeal
This is exactly what I'm wondering about too! Anyone else with anymore information on this! Thanks xx

Quick Reply

Latest