The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Accommodation help! Northumbria...

Hi Everyone, I am researching my accommodation options for starting in September. I am looking for a place that has a good social atmosphere and not too far from the uni (happy to walk 10 minutes in of course!). I like the look of IQ Collingwood, Winn and New Bridge but can't find much info or opionion on line! Has anyone got experience of these places or have advice on accommodation... anywhere else you would recommend or avoid! Many thanks Beth
Original post by BethKateK
Hi Everyone, I am researching my accommodation options for starting in September. I am looking for a place that has a good social atmosphere and not too far from the uni (happy to walk 10 minutes in of course!). I like the look of IQ Collingwood, Winn and New Bridge but can't find much info or opionion on line! Has anyone got experience of these places or have advice on accommodation... anywhere else you would recommend or avoid! Many thanks Beth

Hi @BethKateK

First of all, congratulations on getting your place!:rave: What course will you be studying?

I stayed in New Bridge Street in my first year and couldn't recommend it enough! It was the perfect location for me as it was opposite the Business school so I could basically roll out of bed into my lectures haha. The rooms were a good size, with a nice en suite and kitchen/living area.

My friend also lived at Winn Studios so I have visited there a few times and would say that the flat was of a similar quality, you just get a slightly smaller room and may be in a flat with more people, but you can choose what flat size you want when making your accommodation application.

I don't have experience of IQ Collingwood but it's one of the newer ones so will definitely be nice, and is also very close to Winn Studios which are both a 10 minute walk to campus.

Hope this helps give you a bit of personal opinion into the halls, I would be happy to answer any other questions you have :smile:

Emily
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Hey,

Hoping we can help out a little we’re from Market House in Newcastle. We have some first year flats with students who will be studying at Northumbria - you are more than welcome to come take a look around and find out all about living with us. If you can’t pop in, give us a call and we can arrange for a skype tour.

We also have a great Social Space with flat screen TV, Xbox and pool table, and we have a courtyard. We are just a 7 minute walk to Northumbria too. We have a residents group so you can even meet your flatmates before you move in!

We would love to help, if you want to give us a call on 0191 731 7873 or drop an email at [email protected]

Thanks,
Shaina @ Market House

Hi Everyone, I am researching my accommodation options for starting in September. I am looking for a place that has a good social atmosphere and not too far from the uni (happy to walk 10 minutes in of course!). I like the look of IQ Collingwood, Winn and New Bridge but can't find much info or opinion on line! Has anyone got experience of these places or have advice on accommodation... anywhere else you would recommend or avoid! Many thanks Beth

Hi Beth,

Have you looked at The Shield? :smile:

We are a 5 min walk from Northumbria Uni and we have Silver and Gold studio rooms left from £150.00 per week!

Our deposits are only £100 and we have amazing social spaces including an onsite gym and cinema room!

Thanks,
Christy
The Shield Student Accommodation
https://freshstudentliving.co.uk/property/the-shield/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending