The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Son wants to transfer from Newcastle Uni to Northumbria Uni

Hi all,

My son got onto the civil engineering degree at Newcastle but has been struggling quite a bit with anxiety and the fact he’s having doubts about the course.

Does anyone know if it’s too late to transfer to Northumbria? He is now considering Geography or Architecture can anyone give me an idea on what the timetables are like for these subjects too as he’s hoping to come home a couple of times a week (we are 35 miles away from Newcastle).

He already has accommodation which he can still use if he transfers to Northumbria.
He got all A’s in his A-levels
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Original post by StudentMarch04
He got all A’s in his A-levels

Hi. my son has a place at York but has decided he wants to go to Northumbria instead...he called admissions on Friday and they asked him to complete a form, said the department would review it (business) and get back to him with a decision. Definitely worth a try.
Hi all,

My son got onto the civil engineering degree at Newcastle but has been struggling quite a bit with anxiety and the fact he’s having doubts about the course.

Does anyone know if it’s too late to transfer to Northumbria? He is now considering Geography or Architecture can anyone give me an idea on what the timetables are like for these subjects too as he’s hoping to come home a couple of times a week (we are 35 miles away from Newcastle).

He already has accommodation which he can still use if he transfers to Northumbria.

Theoretically he might be able to apply through clearing if next week is freshers week there maybe but it's all very short notice and he will struggle sorting accommodation and such even if there are spaces.

If he knows that the location and course at the current uni isn't for him it might be best to aim for a gap year and reapply, as then he has plenty of time to make sure he has his ducks in a row (plus can look into which course he wants to do).

Note it might not be feasible to apply through clearing to architecture at this point anyway if he doesn't already have a portfolio sorted. If he is interested in architecture, he might want to look into FAD courses as well - you can read more about these here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5017684
Hi all,

Hello, sorry to hear your son is struggling, I hope I can help:

We still have many spaces available through Clearing and it's not too late to join. Clearing is open until the 8th of October, for more information on this, here is our clearing page: https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/study-at-northumbria/ucas-clearing-confirmation-adjustment-and-extra/.
Regarding timetables - this information would differ for each programme or individual and, at this early stage of a term, can be subject to change. We would recommend reaching out to our Ask4Help team (Tel: 0191 227 4646) who may be able to provide more specific information.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any further questions I can help with:smile:

Beth
Northumbria Univeristy UG rep
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 5
Hi, just to let you know my son is moving into his halls of residence today (found a tenancy takeover on spareroom) and starts his course on Monday! Northumbria have been wonderful and so helpful. Best of luck to your son in whatever he decides to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending