The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by haniab03
get it straight after

OK thanks 👍🏼
Original post by Abz231
someone's being picky :P

I think once you've got a uni firmed it's difficult to swap it with your insurance but maybe someone can clarify

god am i ? my bad
it's just i dont want to go to a uni so far away, i'd prefer to stay down in the south tbh but if i have to, i'd obviously take the option available
Hi, can someone please please help me asap about which unis to apply to !!
so my CAGs were ACD (psychology, chemistry and biology in that order), my GCSEs were mainly As and Bs, my ucat score is 2650 and band 1, and im resitting chem and bio in June 2021. for some unis, i do meet some of the widening participation requirements but idk.

im currently looking at southampton, kings and leicester foundation courses, but im still unsure about leicester since they only have 35 spaces for the foundation year and im only eligible to be one of 10 (since im out of west midlands).

i dont mind a foundation year or even straight into med if i have chances of being accepted.

pls pls plsss help me i need to get my application into college by tomorrow !!!!

if anyone is in a similar position to me, pls just tell me which unis you're considering applying to, it'll really help!!!
god am i ? my bad
it's just i dont want to go to a uni so far away, i'd prefer to stay down in the south tbh but if i have to, i'd obviously take the option available

Yeah of course, was just messing aha
Reply 784
if anyone is in a similar position to me, pls just tell me which unis you're considering applying to, it'll really help!!!

https://www.medschools.ac.uk/studying-medicine/applications/entry-requirements?type=medicine-with-a-preliminary-year
have a look through each uni that has a foundation year and check which one allows resits. That should narrow it down, then narrow it down further by researching the no. of places available if they provide that info and the competition ratios
Reply 785
Hello. I am a gap year student and have completed my UCAT. But, unfortunately, my score is extremely low (2470, Band 3). I am not sure how much my grades balances this out as I received 3 A*s in my A-Levels and one 9 and seven 8s at GCSE.

I am fully aware that there are set cut-offs and some universities do not have one. I guess I am unsure as to what to do next and what the best options may be if I get rejected again. It is also very hard on everyone since it’s a lot more competitive this year than last year.

I am just unsure what to do and I would sincerely appreciate some advice. I just feel helpless.
Original post by NilouSole
Hello. I am a gap year student and have completed my UCAT. But, unfortunately, my score is extremely low (2470, Band 3). I am not sure how much my grades balances this out as I received 3 A*s in my A-Levels and one 9 and seven 8s at GCSE.
I am fully aware that there are set cut-offs and some universities do not have one. I guess I am unsure as to what to do next and what the best options may be if I get rejected again. It is also very hard on everyone since it’s a lot more competitive this year than last year.

I am just unsure what to do and I would sincerely appreciate some advice. I just feel helpless.

Have you considered BMAT universities instead?
Original post by NilouSole

2470 isn't too bad, why not post all your stats to https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6679038 so our experts can advise?

Post originally created by ecolier.
Reply 788
Hello guys, how would uni’s know our predicted degree classes for graduate entry applicants? Do our referees tell them?
Hi, can someone please please help me asap about which unis to apply to !!
so my CAGs were ACD (psychology, chemistry and biology in that order), my GCSEs were mainly As and Bs, my ucat score is 2650 and band 1, and im resitting chem and bio in June 2021. for some unis, i do meet some of the widening participation requirements but idk.

im currently looking at southampton, kings and leicester foundation courses, but im still unsure about leicester since they only have 35 spaces for the foundation year and im only eligible to be one of 10 (since im out of west midlands).

i dont mind a foundation year or even straight into med if i have chances of being accepted.

pls pls plsss help me i need to get my application into college by tomorrow !!!!

I think Leicester ranks the CAG's (stupid imo) idk if thats the case for the foundation course but it is for A100
Original post by Abz231
If ABC is your CAG then Plymouths website says they will accept if you are predicted AAA. If it's not CAG then you're correct

Feel free to call them on 01752437333 to double check

oh really? Yeah that's my situation ABC CAGs with predicted AAA. which would you switch out for Plymouth out of my options of ARU, Edge hill, Leicester with foundation and Southampton with foundation? Thanks sm btw you have single handedly helped me sm with my application and idek you! god bless x
Original post by dumbgirltryhard
oh really? Yeah that's my situation ABC CAGs with predicted AAA. which would you switch out for Plymouth out of my options of ARU, Edge hill, Leicester with foundation and Southampton with foundation? Thanks sm btw you have single handedly helped me sm with my application and idek you! god bless x

I’d say Leicester Foundation as it’s competitive for applicants outside of the East Midlands
Original post by Uzair63
I’d say Leicester Foundation as it’s competitive for applicants outside of the East Midlands

thanks!! x

Southampton foundation is also v competitive so would recommend doing some further research into Leicester vs Southampton (in terms of chances for an interview and subsequently an offer) as well as where you would prefer to study.

And thank you, likewise all the best!
Original post by Abz231
Southampton foundation is also v competitive so would recommend doing some further research into Leicester vs Southampton (in terms of chances for an interview and subsequently an offer) as well as where you would prefer to study.

And thank you, likewise all the best!

Would you think Keele or Sunderland would be better than the foundation courses for me? I don't really think I need to do foundation I just thought they'd be safe options but now im realising how competitive they really are....
Would you think Keele or Sunderland would be better than the foundation courses for me? I don't really think I need to do foundation I just thought they'd be safe options but now im realising how competitive they really are....

Because it's based upon the R&R form it is a bit subjective compared to the unis that shortlist based on UCAT only so personally id say only apply to one of them unless you really have to

Btw you may need to check if ARU class summer sittings as a resit or not as they want ABB first sitting (or BBB if contextual)
Original post by Abz231
Because it's based upon the R&R form it is a bit subjective compared to the unis that shortlist based on UCAT only so personally id say only apply to one of them unless you really have to

Btw you may need to check if ARU class summer sittings as a resit or not as they want ABB first sitting (or BBB if contextual)

Okay thank you, I did notice this about ARU I think I'll switch that out for Keele, even though im a bit unsure about their resit policy
Guys is Plymouth considering summer 2021 exams as a first sitting? I had emailed them but they haven't replied and my internal deadline for my UCAS is today and I have CAGs of ABC , predicted AAA, however it says that plymouths resit policy is that you need minimum ABB first time. Any help please?
Guys is Plymouth considering summer 2021 exams as a first sitting? I had emailed them but they haven't replied and my internal deadline for my UCAS is today and I have CAGs of ABC , predicted AAA, however it says that plymouths resit policy is that you need minimum ABB first time. Any help please?

For CAGs they’ve lowered it to BBB/ABC
hi guys, just a question, southamptom bm6 course says applicants have to have a 16-19 bursary or similar grant, but iwas just wodnering does a UCAT bursary count as a similar grant? ive emailed them but they havent gotten back to me and i need to know before monday and im definitely not getting a reply over the weekend.
i already have two other requirement apply to me but this was going to be my third but idk if it does actually apply to me. thanks a lot!!

Latest

Trending

Trending