The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nervoustitanic
Hi, I held offers last year - couldn't go because my CAG's were so poor. I took the autumn exams and turned my C into an A*. I now hit the requirements to continue with my application (I was given a DCF on my application for my firm). However, my school are no help really. I asked for help with dates and deadlines for student finance, dbs and things like that - they have gone radiosilent.
Do you guys know when the deadlines for student finance - and other important things with medical applications are?
I have completely forgotten what I did last year?

Hey! First of all, congrats on the grades!! They’re rlly good. Also I tried applying for students finance this month but next years cycle wasn’t available i.e. the 2021-2022 one. I went through my email and I think they open them up in feb! So just keep checking!
Hello!

I took a gap year so if anyone has any questions about it please let me know and I will do my best to answer!

Best Wishes,
MJ
4th Year MBBS
Official Uni Rep, St. George's
hey guys, I only got 1 invite this year and that outcome was a rejection. I'm looking at a second gap year, is anyone else in the same position?
Original post by medbox
hey guys, I only got 1 invite this year and that outcome was a rejection. I'm looking at a second gap year, is anyone else in the same position?

I'm sorry to hear this... have you considered UCAS Extra / Clearing?

You could still get two more shots at medicine starting 2021.

Read https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6915438

Post originally created by ecolier.
Hey, is anyone else struggling with occupattional health - some of my unis are telling me to travel to them to get it done? I wish things were clearer and easier for us??!!
Original post by nervoustitanic
Hey, is anyone else struggling with occupattional health - some of my unis are telling me to travel to them to get it done? I wish things were clearer and easier for us??!!

Any reason why you quoted me?

Have you asked the universities if they can do their assessments remotely?

Post originally created by ecolier.
Sorry I didnt mean to quote you directly - I dont really know how to use studentroom still. It was a confusion they though I was cohort of 2020 because i reapplied. They thought i was a returning student.
Hi everyone! Just wanted to see if there are others here in my situation? I was lucky as my firm uni from last year said that they would honour/hold my offer as long as I sat my Biology exams (which I did last Autumn). Would love to hear from anyone else who's had a similar journey
Original post by _owais
Hi everyone! Just wanted to see if there are others here in my situation? I was lucky as my firm uni from last year said that they would honour/hold my offer as long as I sat my Biology exams (which I did last Autumn). Would love to hear from anyone else who's had a similar journey

Congratulations, many on this thread on the similar situations. where are you going?
Original post by SpaceTravel
Congratulations, many on this thread on the similar situations. where are you going?

Thank you! Off to Birmingham in September - unfortunately there were so many others in my situation who had to both take exams and reapply. There was just no simple solution for awarding grades i guess
Original post by medbox

I'm in the exact same position as you. We've got this!
I’m in the same situation as you I wasn’t able to go to UEA as my CAG grade was too low. I sat the Autumn exams and hit the grades. My offer from last year was honoured (I did not have to do the UCAT this year) - I had to reapply on UCAS through. I’m just waiting for student finance, occupational health and accommodation. I’m still kind of weary though considering how things the ed out last year.
Got an offer!!!
Original post by mohammedali3869
Got an offer!!!

well done! where may i ask
Same @medbox
i wrote to some unis to explain my 2 years deferment reasons prior to applying to them and applied to 4 who have all assured me they will grant me the 2 years deferment if i were made an offer. i hv completed all 4 interviews. m stressed out coz 2 of the uni hv given out offers. i hv yet to receive any offers. wondering if the unis were just been polite when they said they welcome my application.
Original post by _owais

I’m in the same position, I’m going to Leicester in September
Hello guys,
I got an offer today at 16:42pm. This is my second time applying to medicine after I got rejected last year from all 4 of my choices post interview. This year, I received interviews for Manchester, ARU and HYMS. I also applied to Southampton A100 but still haven't got anything back. Anyway, I got put on the waiting list after my ARU interview and got an offer after my HYMS interview. I prepared so hard for that HYMS interview, went to lengths such as preparing a 100 page document with an answer to every possible question. I was over the moon when I found out that I had been accepted at HYMS. I had an interview for Manchester on 24th February but I withdrew all my other choices so that I could firmly accept the HYMS offer since it was uncondtional. Guys, do not give up if you don't get in first time, like @ecolier and @GANFYN constantly recommend, reapplying and taking a gap year is much much easier than going for graduate entry medicine. Not gonna lie, a gap year is not as glamorous as some people may make it out to be. There were definitely many times where I really missed the school atmosphere and having a social life in general. But it's worth the sacrifice for sure.

Here are my stats:
ucat: 2600 band 1
GCSEs: 99888A*7777A
A levels (CAGs): A in Biology, A in maths, B in chemistry
I met the contextual criteria for HYMS hence why my offer was unconditional

.7ED95782-1050-4331-B1E7-D162F871242B.jpeg
Hello guys,
I got an offer today at 16:42pm. This is my second time applying to medicine after I got rejected last year from all 4 of my choices post interview. This year, I received interviews for Manchester, ARU and HYMS. I also applied to Southampton A100 but still haven't got anything back. Anyway, I got put on the waiting list after my ARU interview and got an offer after my HYMS interview. I prepared so hard for that HYMS interview, went to lengths such as preparing a 100 page document with an answer to every possible question. I was over the moon when I found out that I had been accepted at HYMS. I had an interview for Manchester on 24th February but I withdrew all my other choices so that I could firmly accept the HYMS offer since it was uncondtional. Guys, do not give up if you don't get in first time, like @ecolier and @GANFYN constantly recommend, reapplying and taking a gap year is much much easier than going for graduate entry medicine. Not gonna lie, a gap year is not as glamorous as some people may make it out to be. There were definitely many times where I really missed the school atmosphere and having a social life in general. But it's worth the sacrifice for sure.

Here are my stats:

Well deserved for persistence and thorough preparation you did for HYMS.
Hello guys,

Here are my stats:

i was feeling down but no longer. thanks so much.

Latest

Trending

Trending