The Student Room Group

Medicine UCAS Clearing for 2021 entry *updated 10/8 11.15am* Only UCLan + Bucks atm

This is the thread for Medicine Clearing / Extra 2021 Entry.

The Medicine Extra / Clearing 2020 entry thread is here.
The Medicine Extra / Clearing 2019 entry thread is here.

List of med schools that are in UCAS Extra (for 2021 Entry)

UCLan A100 {for international students only}
? Dundee A100 ? (Oringal post) (Confirmed mistake)
? Liverpool A100 ? (Original post) (Confirmed mistake - Post #1[url= ]https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=94744677&postcount=1116] Post #2)

List of med schools that are in UCAS Clearing (for 2021 Entry)
SGUL A00 (for those with achieved grades only) does not appear to have gone into results day medicine Clearing
Buckingham A100
?Edge Hill A110? {Foundation Year Course - on UCAS search but not according to website - pending checking}
?KMMS A100? - saying they MIGHT go in and are taking student details via an online form (https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=VvqpUTI_mkSnIT4_SapemmCqOugo1Q1Jh46Vow1gPqNUMkZJTEFNWlMyVEEyMUtFRDVZUTdOTlNWMS4u) (form is live but will NOT be in Clearing, on the very slight chance they have a space since so many people inquired)

List of med schools that have confirmed they will NOT be in UCAS Clearing for 2021 entry

Note: this is based on students like you calling or emailing universities, so is not absolute

UEA
Leicester
Keele
Newcastle
University of Lincoln
Plymouth
Liverpool
Bristol
Leeds
ARU - confirmed no on phone @8am 10/08
Edge Hill
Southhampton
Brighton and Sussex
Cardiff
Exeter
KCL
Aston
Hull York
Manchester (general website statement that no clearing spaces at all are available).
Imperial College London (blanket no Clearing policy)
UCL (blanket no Clearing policy)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List of med schools that were in UCAS Extra 2020
Aberdeen A100 {for international students only}
Buckingham A100
Exeter A100
Glasgow A900 Glasgow Access Programme
Lancaster A100

List of med schools that were in UCAS Clearing 2020
Aston A100
Buckingham A100
Cambridge (St John's College) A100
Keele A100
Nottingham at Lincoln A10L
SGUL A100
Sheffield A100 {for Sheffield Hallam / Bradford students only}
Sunderland A100
QMUL Malta A100
UCLan A100 {international students only}
---
Edge Hill A110 Medicine with a Foundation Year
Leeds A101 Gateway to Medicine
Leicester A199 Medicine with a Foundation Year

List of med schools that were in UCAS Clearing 2019
Aston A100
Anglia Ruskin A100
Buckingham A100
Keele A100
Lancaster A100
Liverpool A100
Nottingham at Lincoln A10L
SGUL A100
Sunderland A100
---
Nottingham at Lincoln A18L Medicine with a Foundation Year
Leicester A199 Medicine with a Foundation Year
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Spoiler below is a Medicine Clearing experience / FAQ from @BlueSpikes dating from 2018. It is incredibly useful but some information could be outdated. Click on the Spoiler to read.

Important notice: it is no longer possible from 2020 onwards to use the UCAT from that same year for that year's Clearing.

Spoiler

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

oof looks like I am the first one here, and might need it but I hope not! :=)

I am not sure but for the unis in clearing above where {international students only} is not specified, could internationals apply to? For example Exeter, Aston, etc.
Reply 2
Original post by qwert7890
oof looks like I am the first one here, and might need it but I hope not! :=)

@ecolier I am not sure but for the unis in clearing above where {international students only} is not specified, could internationals apply to? For example Exeter, Aston, etc.

Yes

PRSOM. Thank you! <3
Reply 4
Hi - when will we know which ones are available in 2021? Is it on results day? Thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by Anon???
Hi - when will we know which ones are available in 2021? Is it on results day? Thanks!

Well the first post says UCAS Extra starts 25th February and Clearing starts 6th July.

The bulk of Clearing activity will be around / a few days after Results Day though.

Original post by Anon???

Read the first post ^^
Just to be totally clear ....
if waiting for a decision, an application ucas extra can't be made until the decisions are received? Unless withdrawn without knowing the outcome?
So if decisions aren't received till the end of March, it's a big a risk....
Reply 8
Original post by Minky5050
Just to be totally clear ....
if waiting for a decision, an application ucas extra can't be made until the decisions are received? Unless withdrawn without knowing the outcome?
So if decisions aren't received till the end of March, it's a big a risk....

You can't go into UCAS Extra unless you have absolutely no offers / you have declined everything, so yes even if you are waiting you can't enroll in UCAS Extra.

Thanks, that's how I read it too. Just a shame you can't add an extra choice whilst in no-man's land!
does anyone know how Extra works( sorry if this covered elsewhere but I can't find it)?

I have 3 pre- interview rejections and no 4 is looking likely :frown:...UCAS says as I only put 4 choices I can't use Extra. feeling confused!
Original post by Headlesschicken
does anyone know how Extra works( sorry if this covered elsewhere but I can't find it)?

I have 3 pre- interview rejections and no 4 is looking likely :frown:...UCAS says as I only put 4 choices I can't use Extra. feeling confused!

I think you need to have 4 rejections / hold no offers to be eligible for extra

Here's the thread for this year's Extra and Clearing: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6915438&p=93695730#post93695730

Thanks - and thanks everyone else for the helpful advice! Bit stressful but as I'm almost sure I'm going to hear bad news re my 4th choice, better to have a plan of action I think 😬😨!
Reply 14

Would you know the answer to this. Would not having put a 5th choice in the first place as opposed to putting and not accepting make one ineligible to go for extra. Theoretically if you applied only for four choices when you had five you don't need an "extra" application. But not fair on medics as they can put only four medicine.

Original post by HPAG
@ecolier Would you know the answer to this. Would not having put a 5th choice in the first place as opposed to putting and not accepting make one ineligible to go for extra. Theoretically if you applied only for four choices when you had five you don't need an "extra" application. But not fair on medics as they can put only four medicine.

You can pick an extra choice (now / when Extra opens) if you only selected 4 med schools.

Reply 16
:thumbsup: PROSM
Reply 17
@Headlesschicken If there is still any doubt suggest you specifically tag when you post. He's the expert on this topic (and others) to make sure he does not miss the question.
Hi @ecolier and thanks for all your help on this forum! The UCAS Extra website says in the FAQs if you have not used five choices due to applying for medicine etc then you can’t use Extra to pick an extra choice - you have to apply to the uni direct to check if any extra places and then call the UCAS call centre for advice - is this what you mean? Or do you mean apply for a fifth choice now (in anything:smile:) decline it, then be eligible for Extra? This seems like a lot of extra work for the unis so maybe I misunderstand? Thanks!
Or do you mean apply for a fifth choice now (in anything:smile:) decline it, then be eligible for Extra? This seems like a lot of extra work for the unis so maybe I misunderstand? Thanks!

Yes this is what I mean :rofl:

It's a very convoluted way of getting into Extra.

Latest

Trending

Trending