The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester Applicants Megathread for 2021 entry!

Scroll to see replies

hello all!

What course you are applying for: Law
What universities you are thinking of: (not trying to jinx any of them)
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: *i'm an international student from the US
GCSE/IGCSE grades: n/a
Extra curriculars: acting, singing, author (published 4 books), NBLSA (national black law student association), content creator i.e digital marketing for twitter, having my own podcasts/blogs etc.
Why Manchester? I think it is a super diverse, lively city, with a great law program!
(For international students) Nationality: US (but also have dual citizenship for the UK)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 21
Original post by leena-pluto
hello all!

A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: *i'm an international student from the US
Extra curriculars: acting, singing, author (published 4 books), NBLSA (national black law student association), content creator i.e digital marketing for twitter, having my own podcasts/blogs etc.
Why Manchester? I think it is a super diverse, lively city, with a great law program!
(For international students) Nationality: US (but also have dual citizenship for the UK)

Are you taking AP? What subjects are you taking?
Original post by 8013
Are you taking AP? What subjects are you taking?

I'm actually already in college (graduating this December)! I'm applying as a mature student. But back in high school, I took AP Art history and a bunch of honors classes.
Reply 23
Hey dude even me for aerospace MEng
Reply 24
Original post by Voss.gloss20
Hey I’m going to be going too hopefully for aerospace engineering 😊

Haha me too for MEng Aerospace
Threads merged from multiple threads. :yy:
Hey Josh! I'm planning on doing IBFE as well. Sorry, not a vegan though. :smile:
I'll be applying to manchester for their Law LLB and I currently do A level history, law and politics
Original post by leena-pluto
hello all!

Hey i'm also thinking of applying for law at manchester!
What course are you applying for: Computer Systems Engineering with Integrated foundation year
Other Universities applying for: Royal Holloway, Kent, East Anglia, Middlesex all without foundation year.
A level predicted grades: Distinction(IT), A(Business),don't have predicted for my maths A level.
gcse grades:6,5,5,5,4,4
Extra curricular: Not much because Im homeschooled but I build computers, know how to code a bit, etc.
Why Manchester? Seems to be the best for more my course. Probably wont get an A* in maths hence why Im doing a foundation year.
What course you are applying for: Management with Industrial Experience
What universities you are thinking of: LSE, Nottingham, Nottingham Trent and Birmingham
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: AAA (Mathematics, Economics and Geography)
GCSE/IGCSE grades: 87766665 B
Extra curriculars: Two sets of work experiences at the Big Four, careers correspondent at school, volunteered at a primary school, school prefect, job at my parent's restaurant, Equality Diversity and Inclusion member.
Why Manchester? A big and lively city, amazing job prospects and number 1 highest employment from firms,
Hi! I’ve applied to Manchester to study Mental Health Nursing. I’m a mature student so already have my A-Levels in Psychology, English Language and Law. Good luck to everyone applying!
Reply 32
Original post by 8013
I would like to have more people in the same boat with me here!
Remember to leave your information as follows. Here is my information below.
What course you are applying for: Mechanical engineering
What universities you are thinking of: Leeds, Imperial, Manchester, Sheffield, Southampton
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: A*AAA-A*A*A*A.
GCSE/IGCSE grades: 998888 as first cohort in the school
Extra curriculars: Flight training (2018-19), Church gospel team (2017-), Christmas fair (2019), University summer and online short courses (2019-20) in big data, smart city, energy and engineering mechanics, piano (G8 in 2021), swimming
Why Manchester? I think they have a lot of good support for careers. Being diagnosed with ASD in 2013, they also have good support for this kind of thing.
(For international students) Nationality: Hong Kong
(For international students) English test score: IELTS 8.0 overall

hey , anyone applying for maths with finance here or any maths degree?.
Reply 33
Original post by JohnnyCosty
What course are you thinking of: Pharmacology
Other Unis: Kings, UCL, Edinburgh, Nottingham
A Level/Leaving Cert Predicted grades: H1H1H1H2H2H2H3
GCSE/Junior Cert Grades: AAAAABBBB Merit
Extra Curricular: Model UN, Environment, Piano, Hockey
Why Manchester: Good social life, good job prospects, similar size to Dublin
(international) Nationality: Irish

I'm thinking of apply pharmacology at Manchester as well! Though I haven't received my predicted grades yet :/
What course you are applying for: Zoology
What universities you are thinking of: Manchester (that's why I'm here haha), newcastle, bangor, Barnsley, Royal Vet College (London)
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: ABB
GCSE/IGCSE grades: D*,A,8,7,7,7,7,6,6,5,5
Extra curriculars: Art and Video games count right lmao
Why Manchester? I've only been there once (to see Panic! At the Disco last year) but it just looked really cool, vibrant and looked like there was a lot to do there.
Hello...Is there anyone who applied for MA in Architecture and urbanism
Reply 36
Original post by JoshWilliamson22
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone else is going Manchester Uni 2021, my name's Josh and I wanna study International Business Finance and Economics. Also if there are any fellow vegans out there come be my bestfriend :smile:

ayy i'm applying for the same course!! It looks amazing :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by vidyeeeet
hey whats up. i am applying to uni Manchester for 2021 entry- computer science, as my first choice

heyy im applying to Manchester as well for computer science!!! and ots my first choice tooo!!
Original post by Suarev
heyy im applying to Manchester as well for computer science!!! and ots my first choice tooo!!

Greatt!!!! @vid_it is my instagram if you wanna talk!!!!
Original post by ShreyaaS
Hey Josh! I'm planning on doing IBFE as well. Sorry, not a vegan though. :smile:

haha that fine. what's ur insta?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending