The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mathgenius23
Hi!!! I applied to AUC for September 2021 with a major in Sciences. I applied for the earlier deadline but are you applying for the regular one?

Original post by marfitoes
Hi! Feel free to message me on Instagram at @politicalmari and I can add you to the IG group chat with a few of us applicants. I've actually already applied (just over a week ago, AH!) so if you have any Qs on the application itself I can try to answer them (especially the personal study plan... that was tougher to make than I expected). I don't check this website much, so sorry for the delay.

hii I literally just checked this! I haven't gotten my A levels results yet so I couldn't apply!
I'm applying for the regular deadline!
Has anyone from India applied to UVA for European Studies? If yes, what subject did u have in high school? I want to apply but I am not sire because I didn’t have maths in my subjects so i am afraid that i will be rejected
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone from India applied to UVA for European Studies? If yes, what subject did u have in high school? I want to apply but I am not sire because I didn’t have maths in my subjects so i am afraid that i will be rejected

Hi! I'm not from India and I haven't applied to UvA for European Studies, but I think there should be a list somewhere on the site which states if a diploma is enough or whether there are special requirements! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous

hey!
I quickly checked and on the website, in this link: https://www.uva.nl/en/programmes/bachelors/european-studies/application-and-admission/international-prior-education/international-prior-education.html?origin=0UW%2FNlzHRVCfgfmL3cdmVg#2-Check-entry-requirements
you can see that it says you should have maths and English up to final year of high school, but then you can click there to see the specific requirements and for India it says: Standard XII diploma (academic stream): All India Senior School Certificate from CBSE with grades B1 or higher in 5 subjects; Indian School Certificate from CISCE with an average of at least 75% in 5 subjects; or the Migration *** Transfer Certificate of the Senior Secondary School Examination from NIOS with grades C or higher in 5 subjects.

but then there are specific requirements for some courses and there is no mention of anything specific for European Studies, so it seems that you should be fine only having those 5 subjects at grades higher than B1 (if that's your qualification, I don't know much about India system, but you do probably)

if you want to make sure, though, you can contact the admissions, I have contacted many Dutch unis before qith some questions and they were always extremely helpful! and then if they say that you do need to have Maths, you can make it up by taking an extra test (that's what I will be doing for medicine with Physics)

hope this helps!
Hi! I have a quick question, for the CV that many Dutch unis require, should we add a picture or not?
Reply 85
Original post by VanillaCream
Hi! I have a quick question, for the CV that many Dutch unis require, should we add a picture or not?

No you dont have to.
Reply 86
Hiii
Anyone here applied for a masters at Groningen?

I’ve been accepted to study MA Journalism!
Anyone else on the same course or applying??

Quite excited but wish there was more info about the course itself.
Reply 87
Hii, my name's emerson, i'm currently studying A Levels in the UK and i've applied to do psychology at the university of amsterdam next year
Original post by donkeh
Hii, my name's emerson, i'm currently studying A Levels in the UK and i've applied to do psychology at the university of amsterdam next year

Hi! I also applied for psych in amsterdam, but my top choice is psych in groningen. Did you also apply somewhere else or only amsterdam?
Reply 89
Original post by Catsarepurrfect
Hi! I also applied for psych in amsterdam, but my top choice is psych in groningen. Did you also apply somewhere else or only amsterdam?

I've also applied for erasmus rotterdam but amsterdam is my top choice. Also if everything goes wrong, I've also applied to UK unis as a backup.
Original post by donkeh
I've also applied for erasmus rotterdam but amsterdam is my top choice. Also if everything goes wrong, I've also applied to UK unis as a backup.

Yeah, i also have back up at home :biggrin: good luck!
heyy, I have one more question about the CV (yes, I am probably worrying about this too much ahah), could someone tell me how long their CV is, in terms of pages?
Original post by VanillaCream
heyy, I have one more question about the CV (yes, I am probably worrying about this too much ahah), could someone tell me how long their CV is, in terms of pages?

Mine is one page (everything fits without looking messy); at another university, the CV could be maximum two pages, but I think it depends on what you want to include!
Original post by juststu-dying
Mine is one page (everything fits without looking messy); at another university, the CV could be maximum two pages, but I think it depends on what you want to include!

okay, thanks!
Hello everyone! I am an international student and I recently submitted my application for Bachelors in Communication Science at the University of Amsterdam and its almost been a week since then and I know it has only been a week but I have absolutely no idea when the admissions decisions come out. So, does anybody who is currently studying at UvA or know anything about this, have any idea when I might get my decision?
(edited 3 years ago)
Hello everyone! I am an international student and I recently submitted my application for Bachelors in Communication Science at the University of Amsterdam and its almost been a week since then and I know it has only been a week but I have absolutely no idea when the admissions decisions come out. So, does anybody who is currently studying at UvA or know anything about this, have any idea when I might get my decision?
Original post by LifeGoesBrrrrr

It depends! Since it's on a rolling basis (I think? since it's May deadline), it just depends on how busy it is at the university. I wouldn't be able to say how long it might take. :smile:

''If your qualifications are included in our country qualifications checker, you can expect your admissions decision within one to two weeks. Full review and verification of qualifications not on this list may take up to eight weeks.'' Maybe this helps? It's for non-selective degrees.
Original post by juststu-dying
It depends! Since it's on a rolling basis (I think? since it's May deadline), it just depends on how busy it is at the university. I wouldn't be able to say how long it might take. :smile:

''If your qualifications are included in our country qualifications checker, you can expect your admissions decision within one to two weeks. Full review and verification of qualifications not on this list may take up to eight weeks.'' Maybe this helps? It's for non-selective degrees.

Thank you so much for the reply! This definitely makes sense, I hope I do get some decisions next week though...but n e ways, thanks a lot, I feel more at ease now :u:
Original post by Catsarepurrfect

Hi I am Eirini and I have applied for psychology in Groningen.As I am trying to figure out about the kind of questions might be, have you gathered any useful information regarding the selection test?It s obvious stressful enough as Groningen may be competitive this year after brexit.
Thank you,wish you GOOD LUCK!
Original post by EiriniKok
Hi I am Eirini and I have applied for psychology in Groningen.As I am trying to figure out about the kind of questions might be, have you gathered any useful information regarding the selection test?It s obvious stressful enough as Groningen may be competitive this year after brexit.
Thank you,wish you GOOD LUCK!

No, unfortunately i didn't, they don't give any practice tests or something like that. But i do know that it will consist of three parts and we will have 45 min for each part of the test with 15 min break between them. The study materials are on their website. Also, there will probably be no surveillance, but we won't really have time to look for the answers as we won't have much time. Good luck to you too!

Latest

Trending

Trending