The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official University of Nottingham Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Nottingham Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Nottingham.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi. Can I ask how much weight is out on personal statement and also on reference, or if predicted grades and GCSEs are main things?

Also, does Nottingham start offering in the autumn as applications come in, or delay until the New Year. Thanks.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi I’m applying for the Computer Science Bsc. I’m not able to attend an open day but I’m going to see the city a bit on Sunday which will be nice. I’m feeling a little nervous but it still feels so far away. Overall I am really excited though!
Reply 3
Has anyone had an offer yet? Thanks.
Reply 4
Hey guys, I applied for FAM at Nottingham (finance, accounting and management w placement) This evening (18th) I just got an offer after applying on the 3rd. Sooo happy lol. Good luck everyone x
Reply 5
Original post by Wombat11

Yes I got into FAM with placement x
Reply 6
Original post by Brianna0
Hey guys, I applied for FAM at Nottingham (finance, accounting and management w placement) This evening (18th) I just got an offer after applying on the 3rd. Sooo happy lol. Good luck everyone x

Well done!!!! I applied for the computer science Bsc on the 11th so hopefully I’ll hear from them soon! Is Nottingham your only offer so far?
Reply 7
Hey! I got an offer this evening too. It’s for a humanities subject and was AAB, which was what I expected. I got an offer from York last week. Pretty pleased to have 2 in before half term. My application went in at the end of Sept.
Reply 8
Hi I got an offer overnight for the computer science Bsc. The offer was AAA which is what I was expecting and I’m just really happy to have the offer!
Reply 9
Original post by Wombat11

I received an offer for Classical Civilisation 10 days after I submitted my application
Original post by cinmnsoul
I received an offer for Classical Civilisation 10 days after I submitted my application

Same with me! I've received an offer for chemical engineering
Reply 11
Anyone received an offer for natural sciences? Still waiting
Anyone applied for International Business? Or Business Management with a Modern Language?
Original post by ilovelemons
Anyone applied for International Business? Or Business Management with a Modern Language?

Yes my son has - Modern Languages (French and Spanish) with Business. Got an offer from Nottingham earlier this week and is chuffed.
Original post by CambridgeParent
Yes my son has - Modern Languages (French and Spanish) with Business. Got an offer from Nottingham earlier this week and is chuffed.

Fantastic! Congratulations to your son! Is Nottingham his first choice? Where else has he applied?
Original post by ilovelemons
Fantastic! Congratulations to your son! Is Nottingham his first choice? Where else has he applied?

Thank you! He’s also applied to Birmingham, Newcastle and Leicester for MFL with business and to Swansea for pure MFL. He loved Nottingham but also loved Leicester just as much - and the offer is the same. Haven’t visited the others - will hope for offer holder days!

What about your young person - are they applying for same course?
Original post by CambridgeParent
Thank you! He’s also applied to Birmingham, Newcastle and Leicester for MFL with business and to Swansea for pure MFL. He loved Nottingham but also loved Leicester just as much - and the offer is the same. Haven’t visited the others - will hope for offer holder days!

What about your young person - are they applying for same course?

Great choices! The school is submitting UCAS this week I think .. still undecided on 2 choices so all hopefully finalised choices soon! Likewise not visited them all yet. Aiming to go to the Newcastle opening day in November. X
hey all if you have gotten an offer from nottingham, click here: Official University of Nottingham Offer Holders Thread for 2024 entry - The Student Room and view other official offer holder applicant threads here: Official Offer Holder Threads for 2024 - The Student Room
Reply 18
Original post by Izzy-06
Hi I got an offer overnight for the computer science Bsc. The offer was AAA which is what I was expecting and I’m just really happy to have the offer!

That’s amazing ! What were your predicted grades and subjects?
Reply 19
Original post by Relo70

That’s amazing ! What were your predicted grades and subjects?

Thanks!!! It’s really nice to have a few offers! I take maths, further maths, physics and computer science. My predicted grades are A*AAA with the A* in Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending