The Student Room Group

Globalisation is not in retreat; it is just evolving.

Do you guys agree with this. How would you argue it for saying that Globalisation is evolving.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Considering recent events I believe that statement isn't entirely true.
Reply 2
Original post by Hoodlum123

Okay interesting why do you say this?
Reply 3
Countries like the US and UK appear to be moving away from globalization by wanting to rely less on China and make their own goods or trade less with the EU in the case the of the UK.
Reply 4
If you disagree with the statement, you could focus on my reply above and research details supporting it. In the other hand, China is making efforts to be more global and trade more with other countries and challenge the dollar with yuan as being a reserve currency. You can research this as well as the belt and road initiative if you agree with the statement. Research both sides until you feel strongly more strongly about one side and then make your argument. The stronger you express your point of view with research and logical conclusions, the higher your mark will be.
Reply 5
Original post by SydAsia
If you disagree with the statement, you could focus on my reply above and research details supporting it. In the other hand, China is making efforts to be more global and trade more with other countries and challenge the dollar with yuan as being a reserve currency. You can research this as well as the belt and road initiative if you agree with the statement. Research both sides until you feel strongly more strongly about one side and then make your argument. The stronger you express your point of view with research and logical conclusions, the higher your mark will be.

For you personally do you agree or disagree with the statement more
Reply 6
My opinion is of no help to you.
Reply 7
Original post by SydAsia
My opinion is of no help to you.

In actual fact it is; i need to collect opinions of about 10 people so this will be of extreme help to my research. Thank you.
Yes but China is also responding and boosting their number of scholars in particular to become cultural mediators of education, creativity, economy etc particularly in the Western world.

Globalisation can only evolve anyway, and won’t undo itself. There is a call though for less Eurocentric ideals across a range of industries. The question of education is a big one, how is history told (esp with BLM and post colonial and feminist questions), and what kind of talent and knowledge it will produce.

Work wise - there might be more demand for sourcing global talent, so much going online now, and increased collaboration and outsourcing to get cheaper labour. That poses a risk to places like the U.K. which produces huge numbers of graduates a year many of whom go straight into low paid jobs or even unemployment (esp a time like now).

I don’t know much about the economy or manufacturing or exports or the repurcssions of Brexit so can’t comment on that but it will be hugely significant to where the U.K. sits internationally.
Reply 9
Original post by safahJ
In actual fact it is; i need to collect opinions of about 10 people so this will be of extreme help to my research. Thank you.

In that case, I don't have an opinion on it. For me to form an opinion would require lots of research on the topic to ascertain whether or not more trading or less is taking place between different countries and the growth rate or decline of this trading as well as initiatives in place that could decrease or increase trading in the future.
Original post by Hoodlum123

Original post by safahJ
Do you guys agree with this. How would you argue it for saying that Globalisation is evolving.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Did you receive any help? if it is an essay I can write it for you. Just inbox.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending