The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-Level Geography Paper 2 | [6th June 2023] Exam Chat

Poll

How did your Edexcel A-level Geography Paper 2 exam go today?

Edexcel A-Level Geography Paper 2 (Human) | 6th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 6th June 2023 AM
Length: 2h15m

Link to Study Group:
A-Level Geography Study Group 2022-2023

Congratulations on finishing your exam!!
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lmao, everyones caught up with Paper 1 no ones here
Original post by neginn004
Lmao, everyones caught up with Paper 1 no ones here

fr I would appreciate any predictions tho 😂
Original post by anonymoususer552
fr I would appreciate any predictions tho 😂

I think there might be a 4 marker on tsunamis - I don't think there will be a 12 marker on it because we mainly do earthquakes and volcanoes.
Reply 4
Original post by JA03
I think there might be a 4 marker on tsunamis - I don't think there will be a 12 marker on it because we mainly do earthquakes and volcanoes.

this is paper 2, human
Reply 5
Paper 2 predictions anyone? I think my geography teacher may go through it tomorrow so I will post some stuff here if he does, was fairly accurate in terms of guessing stuff for paper 1. :smile:
What we saying for paper 2 lads
you know for regeneration where we have to know a local and contrasting place, what sort of things do we need to know about these places
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 8
What would you write about rural regeneration case studies
Original post by anonymoususer552
you know for regeneration where we have to know a local and contrasting place, what sort of things do we need to know about these places

Maybe health, employment sector changes. My teacher said if there’s anything to know about your 2 contrasting places, it’s the life expectancy.
Original post by jemspicer05
What would you write about rural regeneration case studies

Cornwall!! Best case study. There’s the CUC, Newquay Aerohub, Jamie Oliver’s restaurant.
Reply 11
Original post by JA03
Cornwall!! Best case study. There’s the CUC, Newquay Aerohub, Jamie Oliver’s restaurant.

Ooh thanks for this I don't have much in terms of regeneration case studies so will be sure to learn this! :biggrin:
Original post by Beeverly
Ooh thanks for this I don't have much in terms of regeneration case studies so will be sure to learn this! :biggrin:

No worries. How was the physical paper?
I found it a bit half and half.
Reply 13
Paper 2 predictions anyone? I think my geography teacher may go through it tomorrow so I will post some stuff here if he does, was fairly accurate in terms of guessing stuff for paper 1. :smile:

please do that would be so hopeful! my teacher told us to revise our volcano case studies as students often only know earthquake ones, haiti japan ect, and alas the 12 marker was so
Reply 14
Original post by JA03
No worries. How was the physical paper?
I found it a bit half and half.

Annoyingly if I had looked over some stuff one last time that I'd reminded myself of earlier I would have done a lot better (cliff profiles and catchments) but I think I didn't fail? Overall pretty mean questions in terms of phrasing but I think I can anticipate Paper 3 a little bit better now based on what they didn't mention. I didn't mind the shorter questions but wasn't a fan of the 20 markers haha. The one that is annoying me the most is the 6 marker about changing climate or something? People seem to have a lot of wildly different answers and I can't really tell how I did :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by geouser
please do that would be so hopeful! my teacher told us to revise our volcano case studies as students often only know earthquake ones, haiti japan ect, and alas the 12 marker was so

Unfortunately my teacher got that bit wrong haha, we focused on tsunamis as they haven't had a direct question but he guessed the cliff profiles and some of the other coasts bits. I'll update here when I've had my lesson and if he doesn't go through it just yet I'll make sure to come back here when he does! Hope Paper 1 was alright for you :smile:
Annoyingly if I had looked over some stuff one last time that I'd reminded myself of earlier I would have done a lot better (cliff profiles and catchments) but I think I didn't fail? Overall pretty mean questions in terms of phrasing but I think I can anticipate Paper 3 a little bit better now based on what they didn't mention. I didn't mind the shorter questions but wasn't a fan of the 20 markers haha. The one that is annoying me the most is the 6 marker about changing climate or something? People seem to have a lot of wildly different answers and I can't really tell how I did :frown:

What do you think will come up in paper 3?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 17
Original post by lanky_giraffe

i have a feeling it will be renewables and energy security
i havent even started to think about paper 2 lol
Reply 19
Original post by lanky_giraffe

Something to do with energy players and security as well as changing energy mixes + the disputes over energy stuff like that. Could be wrong though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending