The Student Room Group

Aqa sociology paper 1

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had predictions for Paper 1 Sociology AQA . Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by Sociologo2.0
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had predictions for Paper 1 Sociology AQA . Thank you.

hi, my friends have been saying the 30 marker could be on globalisation, social class or ethnicity because apparently they haven’t come up much/in a while (:
Reply 2
Hi, thank you so much for your response.

Do you have any guesses for the other parts of the paper like research methods / methods in context / theory & methods.

Thank so much.
Original post by loulai_
hi, my friends have been saying the 30 marker could be on globalisation, social class or ethnicity because apparently they haven’t come up much/in a while (:
Reply 3
Original post by Sociologo2.0
Hi, thank you so much for your response.

Do you have any guesses for the other parts of the paper like research methods / methods in context / theory & methods.

Thank so much.

Hey, i'm really sorry but i don't know the predictions for those - i've just tried to have a look online but couldn't really find anything, and i honestly don't have any ideas for those areas. I hope your able find more predictions though!!

Good luck in your exams! <3
Reply 4
Hi , no problem at all.

Really appreciate your help!!

Thank you so much - same goes to you!!! :smile:
Original post by loulai_
Hey, i'm really sorry but i don't know the predictions for those - i've just tried to have a look online but couldn't really find anything, and i honestly don't have any ideas for those areas. I hope your able find more predictions though!!

Good luck in your exams! <3
Reply 5
Does anyone know how to answer a 30 marker on globilastion and marketisation policies?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 6
Here's an essay plan - it's most likely not that good but it's all I could do - plus it's tailored to me so some stuff isn't expanding on because I already get it.

Applying material from Item B and your knowledge, assess the impact of globalisation on education policy in the UK - 30 marks

P1 - INTERNATIONAL RANKINGS - PISA TESTING
PISA League Tables - Allows for international comparison - lead to emphasis on certain subjects - Rishi Sunak introducing maths till 18 to compete with countries e.g. Singapore - raises standards as every school is compared.

P2 - ADOPTION OF FREE SCHOOLS- SWEDEN
Gove introduced free schools - copying Sweden - Kelly pointed out that countries have differences and integrating certain polices may be a sign that countries, in this case the UK cannot deal with local issues.

P3 - UNDERACHIEVEMENT OF BOYS IN SCHOOL
‘Mac en Ghail’ ‘Crisis in masculinity’ globalisation has led to a decline in manufacturing jobs - less opportunities for boys - underachievement.

Due to lack of manufacturing jobs education changed to give more opportunity and serve the economy E.g. BTEC, School till 18, T-LEVELS, Apprenticeships
Increase in multi-culture and decrease in ethnocentric curriculums.

P4 - GLOBALLY CONNECTED INTERNET
Growth of the Internet offering them new ways of accessing info - schools now have at home learning - could have been furthered by Covid e.g. lectures now often lecture from home.

TECH - Resources e.g. Hegarty maths, Online Learning e.g. homeschool, cover teachers, Private Tutoring e.g. privatisation of education, Safeguarding issues e.g. online bulling and radicalisation.

INCREASE IN MIGRATION - BIGGER EMPHASISE ON RE AND ASIAN LANGUAGES LIKE CHINESE TO HELP BRITISH GREW INTO THEIR EXPANDING ECONOMY WHICH IS ON WAY TO BE BETTER THAN AMERICAS.
Reply 7
Thank you so much. Do u reckon this question might come up for a 30 marker or not?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending