The Student Room Group

IAL Physics January 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by lokamakthyve
For energy, mine was similar to you as I got 0.94 Joule.

And I rmb I also got a rather small value for alpha as you but could not rmb the exact value

I calculated the difference in area of loading and unloading and got 1.84 J 😬
Reply 81
For energy, mine was similar to you as I got 0.94 Joule.

And I rmb I also got a rather small value for alpha as you but could not rmb the exact value

Yeah 0.94/0.95 is basically the same thing
Reply 82
Original post by AzimP
The last question was weird, I got alpha to be 4.45*10^-3 / *C. For the energy thing, I counted 76 squares so 0.95J. For monochromatic light, I said that white light would create a light spectrum, so you would not know which ray to measure the angle, whereas light of single frequency will cause only one ray to be produced.

I got alpha about 3.89x10^-3 not sure if I made any mistake
Original post by Bap123

Ah, your answer just reminded me that I got 3.94x10^-3 for alpha which was similar to yours
Original post by Bap123
I calculated the difference in area of loading and unloading and got 1.84 J 😬

Yes, that was the method and maybe there was just some variance when we counting the squares
Reply 85
What did you guys put for the percentage uncertainty of the analogue voltmeter? The reading was 10.5V, did you put (0.5/10.5)*100 or (0.25/10.5)*100? I put the latter. I think it should be the former after thinking...
Reply 86
Original post by AzimP
What did you guys put for the percentage uncertainty of the analogue voltmeter? The reading was 10.5V, did you put (0.5/10.5)*100 or (0.25/10.5)*100? I put the latter. I think it should be the former after thinking...

Did the former
Reply 87
Original post by Bap123
Did the former

there goes one mark ;(
Reply 88
0.5 was the precison for the voltmeter as i remeber our sir telling you dont divide precision for digital stuff. btw i just realised ive messed the axes of the graph. so will i lose all 11 marks, ( 5 for graph and 6 for calculation. Could mean i d fail the unit. Really upset after working so hard for so long to mess a simple thing up. will i have to reapply/ did all other questions well though
(edited 3 years ago)
Anyone will take the unit 6 exam today?
Anyone will take the unit 6 exam today?

Nope. I do have M1 though 😭
Reply 91
Ah, your answer just reminded me that I got 3.94x10^-3 for alpha which was similar to yours

was it resistance on the y axis?
Reply 92
Original post by Bap123

Original post by kavi_in

Yes
Original post by kavi_in

Sorry, I think alpha should the the gradient over the y axis intercept
Original post by ilovephysmath
Nope. I do have M1 though 😭

Good luck 🤞🏿
Good luck 🤞🏿

Thank you, it was **** though
but so was everyone else's lol
Guys does anybody do French from here and has access to January 2021 unit 4? I rly need this damn paper 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending