The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Biology 9-1 | PAPER 1

Here's a very useful video for those taking the Edexcel IGCSE Biology paper 1 exam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REDhrBFnQ_M&list=PLwhU4dGC-zFEbUhrp0BwrV9M8O-F0uP2B&index=6

Good luck :u:
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Light of Truth
Here's a very useful video for those taking the Edexcel IGCSE Biology paper 1 exam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REDhrBFnQ_M&list=PLwhU4dGC-zFEbUhrp0BwrV9M8O-F0uP2B&index=6

Good luck :u:

hey did u do this years paper?
Edexcel IGCSE Biology Paper 1 | 16th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 16th May 2023 AM
Length: 1h 45m
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by j3ssica jon3s
hey did u do this years paper?

Yes. It went quite well. Did you?
Original post by Light of Truth
Yes. It went quite well. Did you?

other than the comment and discuss qs, it was good
Reply 5
did u sit 1b
Reply 6
Just fine IMO. Did anyone get the plant virus question?
Reply 7
i put tobacco mosaic virus

Original post by pmallin9283
Reply 8

Got that was the worst paper ever. I swear there were so many 5, 4, 6 markers. I didnt get that one :/. ngl i j hope that the grade boundaries arent too bad, and that paper 2 saves me
Original post by yolandatsui
Any thoughts guys?
what did you get for the medicine question?

I put that it slows the neurotransmitters, affects CNS and limits capabilities of sensory neurones to carry impulses
Reply 10
Original post by ifeoluwaoyedeji
I put that it slows the neurotransmitters, affects CNS and limits capabilities of sensory neurones to carry impulses

Yes same. What did u put for the question where it asks why the original ratio is not right or the answer is different or something
Reply 11
How did poeple find it?? Thoughts on hardest questions
Reply 12
To me it was okay! :smile:I was worring for this exam because I struggle at it but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 13
How was the igcse biology edexcel paper 1?
Reply 14
i did tobacco mosaic
Did you guys do the iGCSE Edexcel Biology paper?
Reply 16
it was fine :u:, what was your opinion on it?
Original post by MuniraIbra
Did you guys do the iGCSE Edexcel Biology paper?

yea i did the regional one
Original post by alisakondi
Yes same. What did u put for the question where it asks why the original ratio is not right or the answer is different or something

I think I put that fertilisation causes random variation, so even with genetic prediction, you can’t know what allele the organism will have
Reply 19
Original post by yzads
Got that was the worst paper ever. I swear there were so many 5, 4, 6 markers. I didnt get that one :/. ngl i j hope that the grade boundaries arent too bad, and that paper 2 saves me

i agree there were so much 4 markers, my teachers were predicting that the grade boundaries would go up. Hopefully that won’t lower your grade.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending