The Student Room Group

What would you have done in hindsight if you could start again for A-level?

just asking because i'm sure many have their regrets over the 2 years
Reply 1
Original post by justlearning1469
just asking because i'm sure many have their regrets over the 2 years

Definitely would've been more serious in year 12, I slacked off way too much and before I knew it the work had stacked up and I was falling way behind everyone else. Tbf my school didn't help with that either but eh it is what it is at this point
Original post by MB1497
Definitely would've been more serious in year 12, I slacked off way too much and before I knew it the work had stacked up and I was falling way behind everyone else. Tbf my school didn't help with that either but eh it is what it is at this point

Good point, for me, if I went back to -

Summer 2021 - I should've gone to a school allowing me to start IAL early, and followed them. That would've been significantly better than basically teaching myself all the way. Also bought books and should've used Isaac Physics and the preparation, etc. and there wasn't a way i could've moved countries. i had too much to do back home. And also doctor appointment etc.

Winter 2021-22 - more effort. Should've used the Pomodoro Technique and also website/app blocker like stayfocusd and 1focus. Because I kept procrastinating then and looking at other things. Perhaps should've done Math FM Physics instead or Math FM Psych instead. Should've gotten supercurriculars that I missed, and also other stuff.

Summer 2022 - should not have studied uni math, should instead have reviewed A-level content. Also different supercurriculars. Should have just resat instead of clearing and other stuff. Jan 2023 boundaries were much lower than jun 2023 ones

Winter 2022-23 - should've done Psychology and math instead, should've given up physics. i was much better at psychology than physics anyway. and used less time in hobbies like chess. that way i could've gotten a grade or two better than now

Quick Reply

Latest