The Student Room Group

Senior Physics Challenge

To any previous attendees to the Senior Physics Challenge competition run by Isaac Physics and Cambridge University (or just people who have some knowledge on the competition),

How many questions did you do overall, and how many of each specific level?

What did you do to help you answer the level 5 and 6 questions more easily?

Are there particular topics within the level 5 and 6 questions you'd suggest someone to start on over the rest?
Hey. I'm also trying to get in. How many questions have you done so far?
Reply 2
Original post by philogrobized
Hey. I'm also trying to get in. How many questions have you done so far?

I've only done about 50 so far, about 30 level 3s with the rest 4s and 5s. You?
Original post by domm1
I've only done about 50 so far, about 30 level 3s with the rest 4s and 5s. You?

I've done about 250 questions L3+ but very few lvl 5 and 6.
Reply 4
I've done about 250 questions L3+ but very few lvl 5 and 6.

250 already! When did you start?

And how many do you do per day?
Original post by domm1
250 already! When did you start?

I guess I found out about it in September but I only started putting in effort over December or perhaps the half term before it. Have you signed up for the mentoring scheme? it's quite helpful
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
I guess I found out about it in September but I only started putting in effort over December or perhaps the half term before it. Have you signed up for the mentoring scheme? it's quite helpful

Ohh okay, I only started about a week ago, but I’m aiming for about 400-500 completed for the deadline.

And no? Where do I sign up to it?
Original post by domm1
Ohh okay, I only started about a week ago, but I’m aiming for about 400-500 completed for the deadline.

And no? Where do I sign up to it?

that's a good target.
here's the link to the mentoring scheme:
https://isaacphysics.org/pages/isaac_mentor
Reply 8
that's a good target.
here's the link to the mentoring scheme:
https://isaacphysics.org/pages/isaac_mentor

Are you the only one from your school that is trying to get a place?

Thanks!
Original post by domm1
Are you the only one from your school that is trying to get a place?

Thanks!

Yeah I think so. No one really uses Isaac physics at my school. What about you?
Reply 10
Yeah I think so. No one really uses Isaac physics at my school. What about you?

Yeah I’m pretty sure I am the only one from my school too.

Could I ask what topics the Level 5 and 6 questions you completed were on? I done a few complex number level 5 questions and few other from different topics, and am right now educating myself on SHM and Angular motion as I know there are many level 4-6 questions on these topics that aren’t too bad, but I’m just wanting to get an idea of other topics that have level 5 and 6 questions that aren’t the worst.
Original post by domm1
Yeah I’m pretty sure I am the only one from my school too.

Could I ask what topics the Level 5 and 6 questions you completed were on? I done a few complex number level 5 questions and few other from different topics, and am right now educating myself on SHM and Angular motion as I know there are many level 4-6 questions on these topics that aren’t too bad, but I’m just wanting to get an idea of other topics that have level 5 and 6 questions that aren’t the worst.

I did quite a few of the kinematics ones and also gravitational fields. kinematics you just need to apply what you've probably already learnt. for gravitational fields I just used the equations they gave in the hints and that was sufficient.
Reply 12
I did quite a few of the kinematics ones and also gravitational fields. kinematics you just need to apply what you've probably already learnt. for gravitational fields I just used the equations they gave in the hints and that was sufficient.

Oh okay thanks for letting me know, I’ll have a go at a few of those tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest