The Student Room Group

eie personal statement

Its now the half term and i am in the second half of year 12 what would I need for a good EIE/engineering perosnal statement
I am currently studying for the senior physics challenge and Im doing stem smart and cs50 ai.

What books should I read and projects should I complete
I am planning to apply to imperial for eie and maybe oxbridge for engineering
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Iamhim123
Its now the half term and i am in the second half of year 12 what would I need for a good EIE/engineering perosnal statement
I am currently studying for the senior physics challenge and Im doing stem smart and cs50 ai.

I would say my first suggestion is to read engineering books that you find the most interesting! It'll be much easier to talk about it then. Googling "Engineering book recommendations" is a good start - you can find some really interesting titles. Which type of book doesn't really matter - what matters is that it's relevant to your course, and that you clearly show in your personal statement that you have a key interest in reading further for your course.

You already look like you've got some fantastic achievements already. I would say that MOOCs (Massive Online Open Course) would be another useful thing to put on your personal statement, if you're looking to add more experiences. They're usually free and I can see there are a good couple for engineering.

There are more and more online work experiences now - and I can see that some websites such as Springpod offer one in engineering 🙂

It's also definitely worth looking through the engineering forums here on TSR!

I wish you the best for your application!

~ Fatiha, Cardiff University Student Rep
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Iamhim123

Hi @Iamhim123
First of all, find an engineering topic your most interested in and select your reading to be around this, then in your personal statement you can talk about why your interested in that topic and what new insight/knowledge the book gave you. Also, make sure to include the extra curricular activities your doing like the physics challenge and Stem smart as these all demonstrate your passion for the subject, and talk about what you gained from these.
Hope this helps!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Si quieres encontrar un mod gratuito, ve a Tech Loky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending