The Student Room Group

how likely am i to get an offer from university of bath for computer science

Hi so i will be listing all my details and if anyone could tell me how likely i am to get an offer i would appreciate it since i am a bit stressed as i havent got anything back yet. I achieved GCSE grades of 9, 9, 9, 9, 8, 8, 8, 7, 7, 6. A levels I take Mathematics predicted A*, computer science predicted A* and physics predicted A. In my personal statement i talked about how I read 2 books and it sparked my interest in computer science and talked about how they inspired me to choose it for a levels and i talked about how studying maths and physics have also helped me hone my skills. I talked about how i participated in the team junior and senior maths challenges and received gold certificates for both improved my teamwork skills and problem solving. Talked about how i completed CS50 and then created a functional database for my stepdad to aid him in his paperround business and next about my work expereince at barclays where i created a dashboard fro a client. to finish it off i made a small paragrpah on why im eager and a good fit for computer science at your uni. In my academic reference, my referee talked about how i am a young carer and how it has impacted my education and may impact my a levels(i am a contextual applicant), how i run computer science soceity and 2 other soceities, how i play football badminton and cricket outside of school, how i took part in the bebras challenge and got a distinction, and lastly how i take part in tutoring gcse students both inside and outside of school. the unis I am waiting on are durham, UCL and bath. can anyone tell me how likely i am to receive an offer as i am a bit stressed and cried as i have already been rejected by durham. Will me having A*A*A and not A*A*A* impact my application? (Btw i am a contextual applicant and ppl said that helps ppl who dont have A*A*A* so can anyone confirm?)
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Computer Science at Bath is dumbfoundly competitive this year.

Only admissions (or more likely, the Admissions Progression Team) would be able to decide if they're able to make you an offer or not.

Academically, your A'levels are fine. As long as your maths and/or physics (or Combined Science) is 8/9 then that should be okay.

Personal statement seems fine.

If you want to give the team more details, you may want to fill out Bath's Mitigating circumstances form (https://bath.ac.uk/guides/understanding-mitigating-circumstances-for-undergraduate-applicants/)
Reply 2
Original post by mesub
Computer Science at Bath is dumbfoundly competitive this year.

Only admissions (or more likely, the Admissions Progression Team) would be able to decide if they're able to make you an offer or not.

Academically, your A'levels are fine. As long as your maths and/or physics (or Combined Science) is 8/9 then that should be okay.

Personal statement seems fine.

If you want to give the team more details, you may want to fill out Bath's Mitigating circumstances form (https://bath.ac.uk/guides/understanding-mitigating-circumstances-for-undergraduate-applicants/)
yh i received for gcse maths 9 and physics 8 and yh im going to submit the mitigating circumnstances form tmrw. but for example since i have A*A*A and not A*A*A* would me being contextual make up for it? and overall based on this info would u say i am likely ot get an offer as im really stressed
Reply 3
Original post by jake102:)
yh i received for gcse maths 9 and physics 8 and yh im going to submit the mitigating circumnstances form tmrw. but for example since i have A*A*A and not A*A*A* would me being contextual make up for it? and overall based on this info would u say i am likely ot get an offer as im really stressed

The contextual offer is A*AA. You exceed it. Please don't stress over it too much. Bath is aiming to get all decisions out by the end of April at the lastest.

I see no reason why you don't have the potential to get an offer, but like I said earlier, only admissions is in a position to make that decision.
Reply 4
Original post by mesub
The contextual offer is A*AA. You exceed it. Please don't stress over it too much. Bath is aiming to get all decisions out by the end of April at the lastest.

I see no reason why you don't have the potential to get an offer, but like I said earlier, only admissions is in a position to make that decision.
ok tysm for the support

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending