The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Nottingham Trent VS Leeds Beckett

Leeds Beckett is worse in rankings but I'm honestly not really going to university for the degree, more so the nightlife/social life (I'm an entrepreneur, purely going for the experience).

Which one is better when it comes to friendliness, sociability, sex positivity, logistics, etc?

I've never been to Nottingham and can't visit at the moment due to coronavirus though I have been to Leeds and liked the city, any advice? Thanks
I’m currently an offer holder for Nottingham trent and it’s been a bit hard choosing unis because of lockdowns and no in person open days, but I visited Nottingham and had a walk round the city centre and it looks good. Nottingham in general is quite infamous amongst unis for having a very good night life, although that may be impacted at the minute because of the pandemic.
Although I haven’t applied to Leeds beckett, I live in Leeds and the city is incredible, got lots to do and definitely lots of clubs.
I think both are good choices regarding a social experience at uni, but I think that Nottingham trent might be a good decision for you
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Original post by dannyd123
Leeds Beckett is worse in rankings but I'm honestly not really going to university for the degree, more so the nightlife/social life (I'm an entrepreneur, purely going for the experience).

Which one is better when it comes to friendliness, sociability, sex positivity, logistics, etc?

I've never been to Nottingham and can't visit at the moment due to coronavirus though I have been to Leeds and liked the city, any advice? Thanks

Definitely Leeds Beckett out of the two, seeing as it's in the city centre where as NTU accomodation is more isolated. Leeds has slightly more of a student atmosphere. Rankings also don't make it a 'bad university', but I do feel like you'd prefer Beckett.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Definitely Leeds Beckett out of the two, seeing as it's in the city centre where as NTU accomodation is more isolated. Leeds has slightly more of a student atmosphere. Rankings also don't make it a 'bad university', but I do feel like you'd prefer Beckett.

Thanks! Does the accommodation being more isolated limit social life? I will be in halls for first year and am likely to change uni's for 2nd year so is this geared towards 1st year sociability or more generally?

Both **** get good grades go somewhere good lmfao
Reply 5
Original post by username5371756
Both **** get good grades go somewhere good lmfao

I don't need good grades when my business is making money lol
Thanks! Does the accommodation being more isolated limit social life? I will be in halls for first year and am likely to change uni's for 2nd year so is this geared towards 1st year sociability or more generally?

Not really because you'll be social in other areas too, like through your course and you'll make friends on nights out. Why are you likely to change uni after your first year? First year is generally set up to help you engage with more people, both academically and through your accomodation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending