The Student Room Group

Dietetics / Nutrition Applicants 2024

If you're applying to uni for Dietetics/Nutrition courses for 2024 entry, introduce yourself to fellow applicants, ask questions and share your experience of applying so far:

What universities are you thinking of?
A level / BTEC / IB / Higher predicted grades
Extra curriculars

Please don't share details of interview questions on the forum - it gives those who follow you an unfair advantage.

@CamembertPaws FYI

Scroll to see replies

HI i'm currently finishing up an Access Science Course and i'm hoping to go to Leeds Beckett for dietetics in 2024.I will also apply to newcastle and cardiff for dietetics and uni of leeds and reading for nutrition. Hope to see some of you in person one day! xx
Reply 2
Hi! I'm applying to University of Surrey as my first choice, I'm a mum so I'll be applying as a mature student. I completed my Access course in 2021. I attended the Open Day at Surrey and had a tour of their lab for Dietetics, it was great!
Reply 3
Hi, I applied to plymouth, chester, Winchester, Cardiff met and Coventry. I firmed plymouth as my first choice and chester as insurance 🙂
Reply 4
Hi, I am a mature student also doing an access course and applying to dietetics. I got an offer for London MET and an interview for Coventry so far. Any interview tips?
Original post by Ritagama
Hi, I am a mature student also doing an access course and applying to dietetics. I got an offer for London MET and an interview for Coventry so far. Any interview tips?

Did you already have an interview For London met before receiving your offer?
Reply 6
Is there anyone who still haven’t received any invites for their dietetic interview so far?
Reply 7
Original post by Kdem
Is there anyone who still haven’t received any invites for their dietetic interview so far?

I haven’t, I applied on the 31st
Is there anyone who has had an offer for London met after interview? I'm very confused as I received an offer on UCAS two days after I applied, saying that the offer was subject to passing an interview.
I then had my interview 3 weeks ago but have heard nothing back since? So I'm not sure if I have passed my interview or not, or whether I do have an offer or not?? Any thoughts anyone?
Hey guys,
Mature student currently doing my Access to HE.
I have offers for Nottingham, Coventry, Leeds Beckett and Chester waiting to hear back from Newcastle (but honestly not holding out hope as I totally screwed up the interview).
Original post by rizlmynizzle
HI i'm currently finishing up an Access Science Course and i'm hoping to go to Leeds Beckett for dietetics in 2024.I will also apply to newcastle and cardiff for dietetics and uni of leeds and reading for nutrition. Hope to see some of you in person one day! xx
Hi, did you apply to Newcastle and have you had a response?

I’ve had offers from my other choices but still waiting on Newcastle!
Student Finance England is opening applications for full-time undergraduate courses for 2024 entry on Monday 11 March. Put a reminder in your calendar. :cyber:
Hi!

I'm a 2nd- year Dietetics student from the University of Hertfordshire. If you have any questions about the course or would like any advice, feel free to ask :smile:

Best regards,
Natacha - Student ambassador UH
Original post by Herts UG Student
Hi!
I'm a 2nd- year Dietetics student from the University of Hertfordshire. If you have any questions about the course or would like any advice, feel free to ask :smile:
Best regards,
Natacha - Student ambassador UH
hii! I'm thinking of applying here as well. How are the lessons taught? How big are the classes? What our your placements like? Interview and finding work experience tips? Thank youuu
Original post by cat_12280
hii! I'm thinking of applying here as well. How are the lessons taught? How big are the classes? What our your placements like? Interview and finding work experience tips? Thank youuu

Hi @cat_12280

That's great to hear you're considering applying to our program! In terms of teaching methods, our lessons involve a mix of lectures, workshops, practical sessions, and laboratory work. Class sizes are typically small compared to other courses, my cohort has about 40 students.

Regarding placements, our program offers diverse opportunities to gain hands-on experience in various healthcare settings, including hospitals, clinics, and community centres. These placements are integrated within the course and over the 3-years you will have completed 1000 hours in placement and simulations.

For interviews and finding work experience tips, I recommend reaching out to our dedicated career services team who can provide tailored guidance and resources to help you prepare effectively. Additionally, consider speaking to our lecturers, many of whom are still actively practising and may be aware of local opportunities to gain experience. Some of my peers have successfully obtained part-time positions as Dietetics Assistants in nearby hospitals/clinics or volunteer with organisations like Age UK. Many charities are keen on taking Dietetics students part-time and such roles may even lead to permanent positions post-graduation.

I hope this helped clear your questions, and if you have any further questions, I am happy to answer it.

Best of luck,
Natacha - 2nd year Dietetics UH
I got rejected from Newcastle which I expected anyway tbh since I didn't meet their gcse requirements. I got an offer from nutrition at Leeds, an offer for dietetics at Cardiff Met and I got an alternative offer for nutrition from Leeds Beckett since I flopped my dietetics interview which I am still absolutely gutted by and is making me reconsider even going to uni this year :frown:(( Hoping to apply through clearing but Ik i have a very slim chance.
Original post by rizlmynizzle
I got rejected from Newcastle which I expected anyway tbh since I didn't meet their gcse requirements. I got an offer from nutrition at Leeds, an offer for dietetics at Cardiff Met and I got an alternative offer for nutrition from Leeds Beckett since I flopped my dietetics interview which I am still absolutely gutted by and is making me reconsider even going to uni this year :frown:(( Hoping to apply through clearing but Ik i have a very slim chance.

Can I ask when did you hear from Newcastle and was it pre or post interview? I had my j yet view early Feb and still no response! It’s my last one!
Update: Got all my offers!!! 😁

Have decided to firm Nottingham, live the campus at Sutton Bonington and the staff seem fantastic.

Hopefully might see some of you guys in Sept! OMG it’s getting real now!
Reply 18
Original post by DeafDragon
Update: Got all my offers!!! 😁
Have decided to firm Nottingham, live the campus at Sutton Bonington and the staff seem fantastic.
Hopefully might see some of you guys in Sept! OMG it’s getting real now!

Yaaay well done! 👏🏻
I got an offer to study dietetics at Ulster University! Is anyone else going there?

Quick Reply

Latest