Sd981
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lw98089)
Hey, yeah it was translated correctly, I also said that it was included in trading but should have been NTLR!
Cool that’s good to hear haha! I looked at it for ages thinking I must have missed something but hopefully not.

How about the losses element of the first question, do you guys think it would be worth a significant amount of marks? Always hard to judge with those ones especially when there’s quite a few requirements in the one question.
Ryanrr
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey, yeah it was translated correctly, I also said that it was included in trading but should have been NTLR!
Thing is you cant expand much apart from that and I cant think of any other tax implications. I assume the adjustment was maybe 5-6 marks min but what else can we write. This paper was messed up
lw98089
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sd981)
Cool that’s good to hear haha! I looked at it for ages thinking I must have missed something but hopefully not.

How about the losses element of the first question, do you guys think it would be worth a significant amount of marks? Always hard to judge with those ones especially when there’s quite a few requirements in the one question.
Usually it’s pretty easy to judge, I did a Kaplan course and we spent a lot of time learning how to judge how many marks a question was worth, but this was SO difficult to judge! I honestly have no clue, I’m hoping the last part (explain how raising finance would affect the shareholders) was only worth a few marks as I really didn’t know much about that. Hoping they’re generous with marks on this paper as a lot of people seemed to find it quite difficult.
Sd981
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Usually it’s pretty easy to judge, I did a Kaplan course and we spent a lot of time learning how to judge how many marks a question was worth, but this was SO difficult to judge! I honestly have no clue, I’m hoping the last part (explain how raising finance would affect the shareholders) was only worth a few marks as I really didn’t know much about that. Hoping they’re generous with marks on this paper as a lot of people seemed to find it quite difficult.
Yes, I'm hoping the marks were very heavily geared towards the adjustments in part one of question one which I suspect they may be. Yes, here's hoping they are generous!
Ryanrr
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You know the shareholding finance bit where only two shareholders exercised their holding, the third one who didnt is meant to perceive it as a disposal (I didnt get that, not sure many people did) because his control is diluted. Debentures I wrote about interest deductibility and all that malarkey but apart from that I cant tell what else to do
Sd981
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Does anybody remember if the loan made to the guy in the second question was done at a beneficial interest rate and thus required a benefit calculation?
Ryanrr
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sd981)
Does anybody remember if the loan made to the guy in the second question was done at a beneficial interest rate and thus required a benefit calculation?
I messed that adjustment up, focused on the other two to save time
Sd981
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The other two were a share buy back and a disposal to daughter with gift relief right?
Ryanrr
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sd981)
The other two were a share buy back and a disposal to daughter with gift relief right?
yeah but the share disposal was via income distribution since capital distribution conditions did not apply
Sd981
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ryanrr)
yeah but the share disposal was via income distribution since capital distribution conditions did not apply
Yeah that was because he didn't meet the reduced shareholding rule if I remember correctly.
Ryanrr
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sd981)
Yeah that was because he didn't meet the reduced shareholding rule if I remember correctly.
You got it. If you answered these two okayish, you could get 11-12 easily and pick up another 6 easily in question B. All u need is 16.5/30 to pass each question
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (121)
44%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (43)
15.64%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (106)
38.55%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
1.82%

Watched Threads