The Student Room Group

ACA ICAEW BPT March 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by lw98089
Hey, yeah it was translated correctly, I also said that it was included in trading but should have been NTLR!

Cool that’s good to hear haha! I looked at it for ages thinking I must have missed something but hopefully not.

How about the losses element of the first question, do you guys think it would be worth a significant amount of marks? Always hard to judge with those ones especially when there’s quite a few requirements in the one question.
Reply 21
Original post by lw98089
Hey, yeah it was translated correctly, I also said that it was included in trading but should have been NTLR!

Thing is you cant expand much apart from that and I cant think of any other tax implications. I assume the adjustment was maybe 5-6 marks min but what else can we write. This paper was messed up
Reply 22
Original post by Sd981
Cool that’s good to hear haha! I looked at it for ages thinking I must have missed something but hopefully not.

How about the losses element of the first question, do you guys think it would be worth a significant amount of marks? Always hard to judge with those ones especially when there’s quite a few requirements in the one question.

Usually it’s pretty easy to judge, I did a Kaplan course and we spent a lot of time learning how to judge how many marks a question was worth, but this was SO difficult to judge! I honestly have no clue, I’m hoping the last part (explain how raising finance would affect the shareholders) was only worth a few marks as I really didn’t know much about that. Hoping they’re generous with marks on this paper as a lot of people seemed to find it quite difficult.
Reply 23
Original post by lw98089
Usually it’s pretty easy to judge, I did a Kaplan course and we spent a lot of time learning how to judge how many marks a question was worth, but this was SO difficult to judge! I honestly have no clue, I’m hoping the last part (explain how raising finance would affect the shareholders) was only worth a few marks as I really didn’t know much about that. Hoping they’re generous with marks on this paper as a lot of people seemed to find it quite difficult.

Yes, I'm hoping the marks were very heavily geared towards the adjustments in part one of question one which I suspect they may be. Yes, here's hoping they are generous!
Reply 24
Original post by lw98089

You know the shareholding finance bit where only two shareholders exercised their holding, the third one who didnt is meant to perceive it as a disposal (I didnt get that, not sure many people did) because his control is diluted. Debentures I wrote about interest deductibility and all that malarkey but apart from that I cant tell what else to do
Reply 25
Does anybody remember if the loan made to the guy in the second question was done at a beneficial interest rate and thus required a benefit calculation?
Reply 26
Original post by Sd981
Does anybody remember if the loan made to the guy in the second question was done at a beneficial interest rate and thus required a benefit calculation?

I messed that adjustment up, focused on the other two to save time
Reply 27
The other two were a share buy back and a disposal to daughter with gift relief right?
Reply 28
Original post by Sd981
The other two were a share buy back and a disposal to daughter with gift relief right?

yeah but the share disposal was via income distribution since capital distribution conditions did not apply
Reply 29
Original post by Ryanrr
yeah but the share disposal was via income distribution since capital distribution conditions did not apply

Yeah that was because he didn't meet the reduced shareholding rule if I remember correctly.
Reply 30
Original post by Sd981
Yeah that was because he didn't meet the reduced shareholding rule if I remember correctly.

You got it. If you answered these two okayish, you could get 11-12 easily and pick up another 6 easily in question B. All u need is 16.5/30 to pass each question
Reply 31
How did everyone get on with the BPT results? I passed with 70% somehow, hope everyone’s happy with their results!
Original post by lw98089
How did everyone get on with the BPT results? I passed with 70% somehow, hope everyone’s happy with their results!

Congrats! I somehow came out with 73, no complaints from me.
Original post by lw98089

Managed to squeeze through with a 57, just happy I don’t have to do it again!
Reply 34
Original post by zachyg
Congrats! I somehow came out with 73, no complaints from me.

Original post by Nathann1

Congratulations!! Such a relief, don’t think I could put myself through sitting it again!
Original post by lw98089
Congratulations!! Such a relief, don’t think I could put myself through sitting it again!

100%! Not one I would have wanted to resit.
Original post by Nathann1

Same manage to squeeze through as well with same mark just happy it’s done
Reply 37
Passed my exams as well. Surprisingly did the best in BST, they gave me 75 but i genuinely thought I'd fail.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending