The Student Room Group

ICAEW - Should I sit TC and BPT together?

I’m studying for the ACA. I have 7 exemptions and recently just done FM so have 4 more professional exams remaining. For these remaining exams, should I study FAR and AA then after this do TC and BPT? Or should I do a different combo.

Initially I thought doing TC and BPT made sense bc they’re both tax. But some ppl say this may actually be bad bc BPT requires assumed knowledge. But others say this won’t be too much of an issue.

Anyone had experience of doing TC and BPT together, or just generally have advice on the situation?
Bump
Reply 2
I sat TC and BPT separately.
I would say doing TC and BPT together may be the hardest combination I could think of just because of how technical it is. They will definitely compliment each other however you will be tested in different ways.
TC is more computations and numbers whilst BPT is a lot more written and technical aspects of it.
If it takes you a while to get to grips with TC itself, I can see BPT possibly being a struggle.
I’m sorry I have probably not answered your question but TC is definitely a stepping stone to BPT.
Original post by Zeshanh786
I sat TC and BPT separately.
I would say doing TC and BPT together may be the hardest combination I could think of just because of how technical it is. They will definitely compliment each other however you will be tested in different ways.
TC is more computations and numbers whilst BPT is a lot more written and technical aspects of it.
If it takes you a while to get to grips with TC itself, I can see BPT possibly being a struggle.
I’m sorry I have probably not answered your question but TC is definitely a stepping stone to BPT.

I appreciate the response.

Would you say it’d be better to do FAR and TC then AA with BPT?

Also would you say that the benefits of doing TC and BPT together outweighs the difficulty of doing them together?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending