The Student Room Group

AQA English Macbeth?

hi

I have an upcoming assessment on lady Macbeth and know that it is based on lady Macbeth.

it has to do with gender, her change in character as well as her power and manipulation over Macbeth and how she takes control of situations like in the banquet.
the assessment also has to do with the themes of power, guilt, blood and her relationship with Macbeth changing over time.

I have a general idea about what the q could be on but could you guys help me with predictions of what the question is and the extract given, based on your experience?

the moments that I believe are required are act3scene4, act5scene1, act1scene5 and some parts of act 2

help is much appreciated
Hi, we recently completed an essay question about Lady Macbeth. I have attached it, the question was about Lady Macbeth is presented as a powerful woman and the extract was from Act 1 Scene 5. Hope this helps!

Exam Question - LM.PNG
i did that question for my last mocks does anyone have other possible questions???
Original post by heeyyyyym
i did that question for my last mocks does anyone have other possible questions???

How is lady Macbeth presented as the dominant partner?
Original post by abi786
How is lady Macbeth presented as the dominant partner?

thankss
how does Shakespeare present the relationship between Lady Macbeth and Macbeth (extract from A1 S7)
this website has a grade 9 answer - https://gcseenglishwithmisshuttlestone.wordpress.com/2018/10/23/macbeth-grade-9-example-response/

I don't know if this helps, but the following has graded answers about Lady Macbeth
https://gcseenglishwithmisshuttlestone.wordpress.com/2018/10/23/macbeth-grade-9-example-response/

More questions - how does Lady Macbeth use language to manipulate her husband in the play (extract from A1 S7)
How does Shakespeare present Lady Macbeth as a dangerous character (extract from A1 S5)

hope this helps!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Lunar_Celestia
Hi, we recently completed an essay question about Lady Macbeth. I have attached it, the question was about Lady Macbeth is presented as a powerful woman and the extract was from Act 1 Scene 5. Hope this helps!

Exam Question - LM.PNG

ik I'm 2 weeks two late lol but thanks for your response.

I suspected the question would be similar, but my teacher hinted at change, so I prepared an answer for how her power changes throughout the play.

turned out it was how does lady Macbeth herself change in the play, so I could easily apply the power aspect and use it for my line of argument

Quick Reply

Latest