The Student Room Group

A level NEA English combined

hello everyone! i was juat wondering if any other year 1 students had figured out their ideas for their NEA yet?? i am struggling for ideas lol
i have heard so far:
the truman show vs 1984 with a theme of surveillance
fleabag vs macbeth with a thene if feminine guilt
oedipius vs edith finch with a theme of self fulfilled prophecies
batman vs macbeth with a theme of revenge
v for vendetta (comic series) vs 1984 with a theme of governmental control
Reply 1
i did my nea on the bell jar and a doll's house, on the theme of female identity - I did aqa if that helps

edit: and I got full marks so happy to help :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by the-anomalily
hello everyone! i was juat wondering if any other year 1 students had figured out their ideas for their NEA yet?? i am struggling for ideas lol
i have heard so far:

hi there!!! coming from a second year english lit/lang (aqa) student who's recently finished their nea, i must say that the sooner you have your idea developed, the easier you'll find it! i must've changed my idea so many times that my teacher ended up choosing from this list of about forty different texts for me. in the end, i chose milk and honey by rupi kaur and a blog on the theme of trauma.

remember that the point of the coursework is making connections! you want your texts to be as similar as possible. try not to make your theme too broad. i do definitely think that fleabag and macbeth would work together for sure with feminism guilt or how perhaps feminism is portrayed in different time periods? the most popular theme in my year was feminism/the role of women in society. popular texts chosen were: emily panhurst's speech, pride and prejudice, and emma.

hopefully this helped a bit? the most important thing is that you have fun with it. my teacher didn't expect a completed idea until october in second year so if that's the case for you, you'll have the whole summer to read texts and watch things in order to perfect your idea! good luck!
Original post by the-anomalily
i have heard so far:
hey-whatdidyouendupdoing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending